3 posts
Page 1 of 1
So, I have been digging around in the plugin data folder for Notion 6 for EWQL and have a few questions.

1. How do I add an instrument that is not currently present so that it shows up on my score setup page.
I understand some basic mechanics to how the rules folder operates, and its quite easy to set up lets say an Esraj from EWQL RA, so that it functions like a violin and switches between channels based on how I notate. What I do not understand I think is the flag references at the beginning of the rules file. There are references to setting rules based on instrument IDs.
<rule>
<if instrument-id="11137" />
<set-flag name="strs" />
<unset-flag name="chnl" />
</rule>
This is an example of the first one. Which makes me thinkt this has something to do with it, because if I simply copy any template file from the previous folder, lets say I copy the template for "Hall Noise" 63_Hall_noise, and simply change the number at the beginning,.... it shows up as a second Entry as "Hall Noise" in the list on the score setup. If I change the file name, to 64_bob.... as a joke, it still shows up. SO I have a feeling the instrument ID I something important here classifying a category but I have been unable to figure this out.

2. I guess there really isn't a two now that I think about it.... Anyone got any ideas?
by gonzaloperezdelaossa on Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:22 am
Hi,

I'm also interested in exploring this a bit, but can't even find the ruleset file (I'm on a Mac). Where is yours located?

by gonzaloperezdelaossa on Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:26 am
Ah, of course, just found them two minutes after posting this... Ok, time to start digging. I'll come back if I have any contributions to make.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1