8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Has anyone done any work with rulesets for Spitfire Audio libraries? I can get some things to work, but I can't get articulation changes using keyswitches to work at all. I've tried changing octaves as Notion uses a different octave setup than Kontakt, but no luck... :(

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Sonoma 14.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6/Notion Mobile + Studio One 6 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by davidgriffee on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:05 am
hi Michael ... I am currently developing a set of custom rules for Spitfire Chamber Strings. Is that the lib you are using too? Even if you are using a different Spitfire lib, the similarities will still be quite useful.

:idea: We should compare what we have, even the parts that are not working (yet), so that we can help each other figure it out.

If you PM to me whatever incomplete rules xml you have devised so far, and point out which parts of it are not working right, I may probably have some insights for you (I been making custom rules for Notion a very long time ;) ) . I will likewise share whatever all that I devise.
by michaelmyers1 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:48 pm
David, thanks. I'm using Sacconi Quartet library.

I discovered that apparently Spitfire instruments don't respond to note key switches the way I would expect. They add the articulations as a multi-articulation rather than switching them. Not very helpful.

I discovered that the best way to get the key switching to work is to use UACC key switches. This works very well. I've started a very limited experimental custom rules file and will send along when it's suitable for sharing.

macOS Sonoma 14.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by stevesteele1 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:43 pm
michaelmyers1 wroteDavid, thanks. I'm using Sacconi Quartet library.

I discovered that apparently Spitfire instruments don't respond to note key switches the way I would expect. They add the articulations as a multi-articulation rather than switching them. Not very helpful.

I discovered that the best way to get the key switching to work is to use UACC key switches. This works very well. I've started a very limited experimental custom rules file and will send along when it's suitable for sharing.

Did you end up developing rules for Sacconi or did you go back to switching MIDI channels? I just ended up using Change Instrument and switching MIDI channels for each individually loaded articulation.

If you developed a rules set, would you mind if I took a look at it?

Thanks,
Steve

Regards,
Steve Steele
http://www.stevesteele.com
(2) 2010 Mac Pros, 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 96 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Macintosh 1TB NVME, Radeon RX 580 8 GB - Specializing in Vienna Ensemble Pro template builds
by michaelmyers1 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:35 am
I'm using rules which were evolved from other's work. As I understand it, they apply to any Spitfire instrument using UACC.

Attachments
Spitfire Audio UACC MJM.prules
(7.72 KiB) Downloaded 789 times

macOS Sonoma 14.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by georgesgondard1 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:51 am
Hello, how this work ? I might buy Chamber strings , where put this ? Thank You ;)
by michaelmyers1 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:40 pm
georgesgondard1 wroteHello, how this work ? I might buy Chamber strings , where put this ? Thank You ;)

Georges, these rulesets are applied to a Notion staff by using "Use Rules..." command in Tools. They automatically switch articulations of the instrument when encountered in Notion. They work very well.

Spitfire Chamber Strings will be my next major library purchase. I love the sound!

macOS Sonoma 14.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by georgesgondard1 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:47 pm
michaelmyers1 wrote
georgesgondard1 wroteHello, how this work ? I might buy Chamber strings , where put this ? Thank You ;)

Georges, these rulesets are applied to a Notion staff by using "Use Rules..." command in Tools. They automatically switch articulations of the instrument when encountered in Notion. They work very well.

Spitfire Chamber Strings will be my next major library purchase. I love the sound!

Thank You, Michael,

I got it , and yes the Chamber strings sounds amazing !!!

8 posts
Page 1 of 1