3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know where I can get a full user guide on how to use the new RuleSet feature in Notion 5?

Norman "Doc" Hart
Win 10, 64-bit; Intel Pentium Dual Core @ 2.60 GHz; 8GB Memory
by dcd111 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:40 am
normanhart1 wroteDoes anyone know where I can get a full user guide on how to use the new RuleSet feature in Notion 5?
I suspect the real question is "if", or possibly "when", but not "where", unfortunately. I do not have Notion 5 (yet, maybe?) but custom rules were a wonderful feature of Notion 3 and 4. However, they were woefully under-documented in both cases. That was somewhat excusable in those versions, because it was a feature intended for advanced users. There was no way to access these features through the interface.

But with the RuleSet editor now incorporated into the interface, I would have thought there would be more extensive documentation on its features and capabilities now that the average user will have access to these features. Hopefully the Notion team is planning some better documentation of these features, but in my experience with previous versions it is more likely you will get help regarding custom rules from fellow users and your own experimentation than from official Notion support and documentation.

In the meantime I suggest checking out the documentation on custom rules for Notion 3 and Notion 4, on the old Notion website, looking at the custom rules discussions in the old forum, and looking over some of the .prules files that have been posted there and here to get a sense of what can be done.
by sensemusic on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:32 am
In case it's still needed by someone, I found it in the Notion knowledge base:
http://support.presonus.com/entries/55375994-Custom-Rules-GUI-for-Notion-5

3 posts
Page 1 of 1