4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there a way to manipulate the GUI of Notion's Score setup screen. Particularly, I find myself using instruments from EastWest that are not in the symphonic orchestra set. I use RA heavily, and have a bunch of scores with instruments from this set. The built in rules for EastWest work fine, but I have found myself always having to load a basic hall instrument, and then changing the staff name, then going to the VST interface and loading each of the articulations one at a time. It would be nice to click on it, like I would a violin and have it load a preset automatically.

Can this be done?
by johnnewberry on Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:58 pm
kevinlarsson wrote It would be nice to click on it, like I would a violin and have it load a preset automatically.

Can this be done?

Create your own Notion Document as a preset template. Save it into the Notion Template Folder.
Name it with a number like the other presets. e.g. "18 my-RA preset.notion".
Then you can see and load it by clicking on it in the menu File>New From Template>18 xxxx.notion
templates_.jpg

,Newberry

:arrow:
Last edited by johnnewberry on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by kevinlarsson on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:03 pm
That works for a blank doc. But I need something to also work for a score that's already in proceeds. Like if I want to add a new instrument after I've already started composing.

However thanks for that suggestion... It definitely is a good idea in general. I typically load specific instruments on every score so it'll eliminated that problem. Thanks.
by johnnewberry on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:32 pm
This may also help you find some option to work with previous projects that require instrument rearrangements.

In the East/West Play 4 interface "Main Menu", use the "Save As" method to save your various instrumentation groupings.
Then, load these new _"xxx.ewi"_ files into Play, add/replace instruments if needed to alter previous Notion projects with new instrumentation.

,Newberry

:arrow:

4 posts
Page 1 of 1