10 posts
Page 1 of 1
It is important to being able to hide the resting staves only after de first page as well.
by alainleblond1 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:45 pm
I agree..

Alain

Mac Pro (early 2009) 5.1
2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core, 32 Go
Mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan

Notion6, Studio One 3, DP 8,
Finale 2012, Dorico v. 1.0.2
VSL, SE Complete Bundle, Vi Pro, MIRx
Roland A-88 keyboard
by thorrild on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:00 pm
I disagree. If you must have this page display for printout, then print page 1 separately, change the Score Setup, and print the rest of the file with rest with resting staves hidden. The inconvenience is minor, and, in my opinion, the request is beyond the scope of the application. If you want total control over printout (but poor playback), use Finale or Sibelius.

Best,
Thorrild

27" iMac 2016; OS 10.12.6
13" MacBook Pro 2017 OS 10.12.6
by rubenstubenchlak on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:20 pm
Hi Thorrild it seems that you never tried your "way" or maybe you never need it... To make short, it will not work. Try for yourself in an orchestra score where you have hidden rest staves and where you start with just a few instruments. Then make suggestions...
by thorrild on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:17 am
I have indeed done this with several scores, and it works very well. Please let me know if you need step-by-step instructions.

Best,
Thorrild

by Funkybot on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:03 am
thorrild wroteI disagree. If you must have this page display for printout, then print page 1 separately, change the Score Setup, and print the rest of the file with rest with resting staves hidden. The inconvenience is minor, and, in my opinion, the request is beyond the scope of the application. If you want total control over printout (but poor playback), use Finale or Sibelius.

Best,
Thorrild

That's a straw man argument if I've ever heard one. There's no reason Notion couldn't offer more printing/view options without adversely effecting playback. The playback part of Notion is extremely comprehensive in its current state, though not perfect. The next logical thing to do to improve Notion is to upgrade the weaker aspects. Printing, layout, appearance, etc. are obvious areas to build upon. If Notion can do that, there's no reason they couldn't better Finale or Sibelius on all fronts. In fact, that should be the goal.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by rubenstubenchlak on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:53 pm
yes, I want your step by step instructions Thorrild. with images please. thank you.
by thorrild on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:37 am
Here is one example: In the attached PDF files, page 1 is printed separately with the "Hide Resting Staves" feature turned off. In the second PDF file you can see the following 4 pages (2-5) with the feature turned on. That's all there is to it.

Best,
Thorrild
Page 1-all staves.pdf
(78.34 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

Page 2-5 hide resting.pdf
(204.72 KiB) Downloaded 275 times

by rubenstubenchlak on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:43 am
Hi Thorrild, thank you about your reply. Anyway it doesn't work for me for a couple of reasons... Some I already know, I've sent a file to Brian and he just wrote me: "The problem is that you were using the "Hide resting staves" function. Unfortunately, if the first instrument in the score is hidden, it creates a problem with measure numbers and tempo markings. We hope to one day have this feature improved. Thanks for all of your patience. Best Regards, Brian Meisner."

So... If you have a work around please let me know.
by rubenstubenchlak on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:24 am
Still waiting... Notion folks, any soon this will be fixed?

10 posts
Page 1 of 1