5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Mentioned this in the sustain pedal thread, but thought I'd make a standalone feature request...

I'd like to see a Display Quantize feature added to Notion. This would quantize recorded notes as they appear on the score without impacting the timing of the underlying notes. See this video around: 1:10 to 2:30.
phpBB [video]

How the feature would work:

1. User selects notes, a measure, passage, etc.
2. User has a "Display Quantize" setting they click on
3. User selects the shortest note/rest they want to view
4. The score quantizes the appearance of the selected notes on the score, without effecting their underlying timing. The appearance of unselected notes are not changed.

Use Cases:

1. User records MIDI into Notion and wants to clean up the appearance of the score without impacting the timing.
2. User imports a MIDI file into Notion and wants to clean up the appearance of the score without impacting the timing.

Mod edit: put a video tag on you video so people might view it easier.
by jpettit on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:19 pm
+1
More control on how it cleans up a live performance is needed.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS:Win 10 64-bit, 12 Core i7: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 40" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24, Quantum, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6,Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro 4.0, Reaper 5.9, Sonar Platinum
by sanctaemagister on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:19 pm
+1
Definitely a needed feature. Would make things a lot easier and faster.
by Spyrofunk on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:12 am
+1

OS: Win10 x64 - Machine: i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz (on water) - 32gb RAM - 3x 256GB SSD Geforce 660gtx - 3x display @1920x1080 - Presonus Firestudio Project - Monitor Station V2 - Presonus Dual Bluetube v2 - Faderport - TEC Breath controller - 4x Launchpad Pro - Ernie Ball VPJR volume pedal - Keystation 88MKII - KORG PadKontrol - KORG Nanocontrol 2 - 10x AudioCubes - Manhattan MondoHub 32 ports (4amp total) - Bunch of mics - AKG701 and AKG712pro (mixing) and Extreme Isolation (recording) headphones, 9 guitars 1 lapguitar- 2 basses, Zoom G5 Guitar pedal board, A3 and MS100BT Pedals.
by aviavi on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:35 pm
Yes please. And input quantize in terms of note values, not milliseconds, would be very useful.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1