8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm sure this was requested before, but can we have more than MIDI ports A, B, C and D? It makes life for those who work with an external host (templates and all that) easier.

If so, could you give a time schedule. If not, is there a fundamental reason, or is it not deemed worth the effort?
by Lawrence on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:51 pm
Off topic post edited.
by mrpicholas on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:16 pm
I think it's just a limitation of whatever hardware you're using. You don't have any specs posted in your signature so it's hard to say.

MacBook Pro 2 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM & OS 10.9.5. Studio One Professional 3.5, Notion 5, 2x PreSonus Firestudio Project Interfaces, PreSonus ACP88, PreSonus Sceptre S6, FaderPort, Melodyne Editor 2.1.2, Waves Gold Bundle 9, Nomad Factory Integral Studio Pack, Native Instruments Kore 2 & Komplete 6 (Kontakt 5), IK Amplitube 3, AAS String Studio & Ultra-Analog VA2. Faber-Castell #2 Pencil
by theovosse on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:46 pm
No, this is the Notion forum. Notion 4 was limited to 4 MIDI ports. Now Notion 5 is out, and it still has this limitation.
by Lawrence on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:55 am
Ah, yes I see. The Notion Feature Request forum says "Feature Request" (not Notion Feature Requests) in the active topic listing and I mistakenly thought this was an S1 FR and never looked at the forum header.

Off topic posts edited. Good request.
by Funkybot on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:26 am
I also want to be able to use multiple MIDI input devices. Right now, if I want to go from my Akai MPK to my digital piano, I need to open Preferences and change the input device. Not ideal.

That said, not my number 1 feature request either.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by kmlandre on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:47 pm
Funkybot wroteI also want to be able to use multiple MIDI input devices. Right now, if I want to go from my Akai MPK to my digital piano, I need to open Preferences and change the input device. Not ideal.

If you're using a PC, I believe MIDI OX can pull this off for you. If I remember correctly, there's a method for merging midi inputs inside the app. You could then select one of the virtual outs of MIDI OX as the input for Notion.

Just a thought...

Kurt M. Landre'
https://www.SoundCloud.com/kmlandre
by Funkybot on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:09 am
kmlandre wrote
Funkybot wroteI also want to be able to use multiple MIDI input devices. Right now, if I want to go from my Akai MPK to my digital piano, I need to open Preferences and change the input device. Not ideal.

If you're using a PC, I believe MIDI OX can pull this off for you. If I remember correctly, there's a method for merging midi inputs inside the app. You could then select one of the virtual outs of MIDI OX as the input for Notion.

Just a thought...

Kurt M. Landre'
https://www.SoundCloud.com/kmlandre

Thanks for the tip! Still think this should be baked in though. I've got a few keyboards, and which one I use for note entry may vary based on what I'm doing.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments

8 posts
Page 1 of 1