4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've been working a lot lately with adding sequencer staves to control other staves (i.e. CC curves for control of dynamics, VXF, etc.) and it would be great to be able to somehow associate a staff with another as a sub-staff or member of a group, and then be able to easily expand their view or collapse it in the score (as opposed to going into view setup and hiding them or unhiding them). Another option would be to have a hide/unhide command (right-click maybe?) in the score view.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
macOS Catalina 10.15 with small AOC monitor for additional display
2 - 500 gb + 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by martinkutschker on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:00 pm
Both ideas sound interesting. I particularly like the idea of having a GUI for a controlling sequencer stave for a regular notation stave. Probably great if you record MIDI keyswitches.

To make CC really works I think we need a dedicated CC/pitch-bend/... UI element. The current way of stacking all the CC messages on top of a sequencer stave is IMHO hardly usable. I have no idea which message is of which type. And editing these events is far from easy.

Masi
by michaelmyers1 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:44 pm
martinkutschker wroteBoth ideas sound interesting. I particularly like the idea of having a GUI for a controlling sequencer stave for a regular notation stave. Probably great if you record MIDI keyswitches.

To make CC really works I think we need a dedicated CC/pitch-bend/... UI element. The current way of stacking all the CC messages on top of a sequencer stave is IMHO hardly usable. I have no idea which message is of which type. And editing these events is far from easy.

Masi

Masi, I agree. I currently use a separate sequencer staff for each CC channel. I currently only use 2 per instrument, but all the more reason for having some sort of expand/collapse function.

Michael

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
macOS Catalina 10.15 with small AOC monitor for additional display
2 - 500 gb + 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by samirelborno on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:31 am
This is a great idea.
It should work like showing the two independent cc lanes in the studio one editor or even better the automation lanes in the arrange view.

I would go the automation lane view route like in every DAW where it's also possible to overlay/superimpose the current part with one automation parameter and see the audio/notes underneath.

Would be cool to work in notation that way.

Studio One Pro 5.x 64bit | Mac OS X 10.14.6 & 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6,1 | 12 Core | 128GB Ram | Quantum |
MacBook Pro 11,4 | 4core | 16GB Ram |

4 posts
Page 1 of 1