4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I would like to be able to re-record only a few bars anywhere in the score. Starting at a certain point is not the problem. Notion can do that. But where I have troubles is that I cannot predtermine the end of the recording. Currently Notion will overwrite any already recorded notes. So I want to be able to add a start and end marker to have something like a punch in/out recording for audio in DAWs.

Masi
by mikejantram on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:23 pm
the auto-punch doesnt work on midi tracks??
by martinkutschker on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:05 am
How is that supposed to work? I recall that Notion 4 didn't work in the way I excpected. I didn't try it in Notion 5 though.
by martinkutschker on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:52 pm
the auto-punch doesnt work on midi tracks??

In way it does, but a bit surprising. Example:

A track has 8 bars with the 5th being empty. When I start recording on the 5th but keep on playing into the 6th the notes of bar 6 are not lost, but everything I played is put in bar 9. Perhaps this is meant as a feature, but I find it strange.

Now let's assume I start recording rigth at bar 1 so I can hear the tune before starting to play. Ouch, I am a bit early on the downbeat and Notion records my first keypress into the 4th bar. Drats. Instead of dropping the note it will appear somewhere in the score.

Maybe it works for you, but I feel more confident when I have real punch in/out with markers.

Masi

4 posts
Page 1 of 1