3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am using the mouse to enter notes on the stave in Notion 5. By default when you move the mouse up and down the stave it will preview notes diatonically within the key. This is fine most of the time. However, I would like to have the option to move chromatically when you move the mouse up and down so that it's possible to preview the sound for each note (including the black notes). This would make notating drums a whole easier as there are many notes that are mapped to black keys. I imagine there are other circumstances when this would be useful as well.

Presonus support have stated that this is not currently available in the current release (v5).

I wonder how many other people would like this.....
by martinkutschker on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:15 am
Sometimes this would come in handy. Maybe this could work by holding down ctrl or alt while hovering with the mouse pointer during note entry. I see two options:

a) ctrl raises the note by a half tone and alt lowers it
b) ctrl or alt will automatically show the chromatic notes

Version b could be a bit tricky as only small mouse movements are necessary to go from line to line. I guess for this mode to work the sensitvity to mouse movements has to be turned down. Some DAWs do that for knobs and sliders. You have to press a modifier to make precise adjustments.

Masi

PS: I don't quite get why you need this feature for drums. Drum notation has no accidentals.
by glenntiedemann on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:06 am
When using the VSTi UVI Workstation, the Jazzy Drumkit uses accidentals - it is not the standard drum notation.

Chromatic note entry would be very helpful for this and any other nonstandard drum or percussion notation VSTi.

Please consider this.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1