4 posts
Page 1 of 1
channelized input to the staff being recorded onto.

Presently in Notion 5 MIDI channel 1 is the only channel Notion will transmit "Sequencer Staff" Continuous Controller data and Pitch bend out of.
This makes the use of External devices extremely limited. No ability to control an instruments expression other than an instrument on MIDI channel 1.

I wish to expand my use of Notion and its External MIDI Ports.
Without cc, PB, AT etc., getting a live feel while recording or the use of over-dubbing can feel hopelessly disconnected from an instruments expression.

Custom rules are sent out on the correct MIDI channels why not the recorded "Sequencer Staff" channel data ?

,Newberry

:arrow:
by martinkutschker on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:17 pm
The more control over MIDI data from within Notion the better. So Notion should send on the channels it received the data. But as a plus it would be great to force a MIDI channel for a certain staff. Probably a new entry for the staff configuration window.

Masi
by johnnewberry on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:37 am
I have a software sequencer on the Amiga that has "polyphonic MIDI tracks".
This meaning, that MIDI channels 1-16 and or bank-xxxx can all be recorded and played from within the same single MIDI track.
Yes one track can be used to record and playback multiple instruments "and" contain other software application control commands.
Today's software seems to all be monophonic MIDI sequencing software such as STD-One and SX3 etc.etc.

My point is that Notion 5 uses "channel-change" in prules document instructions to control internal native and vst instruments on a single staff; however, When using a Notion "Sequencer Staff" controller data does not work correctly with external MIDI devices on all 16 channels.
(MIDI continuous controller data is only recorded into a Sequencer Staff as MIDI channel 1 and sent out channel 1 only.)

If each Notion staff recognized and transmitted "polyphonic MIDI channel data" it would certainly solve a lot of problems and confusion.

,Newberry

:arrow:
by martinkutschker on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:19 am
I see. I also have a DAW with this issue. The event list shows me the channel, but all events are forced to the one assigned to the track. But at least I can choose it. Still better than using only channel one as Notion does ;)

The issue with the fixed channel 1 is IMHO a bug. It should be dealt with in a bug-fix release of Notion 5.

Masi

4 posts
Page 1 of 1