4 posts
Page 1 of 1
When using a Midi keyboard for composing/entering notes (I am using Nektar Impact LX49), it would be a good feature to have a "midi learn" function to map the transport buttons on the keyboard to the transport buttons in Notion.
This way I could control Notion playback/record/fwd/bck etc from the keyboard.

Actually it would be nice to map any key on any midi-keyboard to any function in Notion.
(For example: Map the pad-buttons on my keyboard to the notes and rests in Notion - one pad=eights, another pad=fourths, and so on... :-)

Regards
Per Gustavsen
by kmlandre on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:31 am
+1

Kurt
by michaelmyers1 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:57 pm
I requested this once long ago when I first started using V4, and the reply was that Notion does not support MMC (Midi Machine Control). It was never explained why, but I agree. If you're using any midi device, whether it's a keyboard or a mixing add-on, Notion should be able to talk to it.

By the way, I recently did some research into the Presonus Faderport, which includes transport functions. Notion does not support Presonus' own device for transport control! I decided NOT to purchase it until this gets straightened out.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by martinkutschker on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:04 am
Yes, definitely. MIDI learning must not be limited to notes, all MIDI messages should be recognized. Off course this means also record, play etc have to appear in the "MIDI device commands" configuration pop-up.

It's quite ridiculous that I have to use the PC keyboard to start a recording session instead of using the record button on my MIDI keyboard.

Masi

4 posts
Page 1 of 1