5 posts
Page 1 of 1
After searching in the archives I know the question has been up for discussion with arguments for and against full-score multi-measure rests, but still it would be a nice feature e.g. when you're adding choir arrangements to a piece. Multi-measure rests works great for separate parts in Notion today, but my experience is that chorists want the full score view and forcing them to read a large number of bars filled with rests is not ideal. There are workarounds such as creating cuts with comments or export to MusicXML and import in other programs to do the final editing there, but as the rendering of MusicXML is different in different programs this adds to the work load. After all it seems like a small feature when the logic is already there for the parts?
by johnoneill3 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:20 pm
+1
by thorrild on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:17 am
Hi mattiashenningson,

It sounds like what you are really asking for is the ability to create dynamic parts with more than one staff — and be able to choose exactly which staves should be included in the dynamic part. And that feature request I'd second.

It would be useful not only for the chorus parts you're working with, but also for other parts, like an organ part (which could be made up of a grand staff and a pedal staff); percussion parts for a variety of instruments; brass parts, which are sometimes in pairs; and other parts I haven't yet thought of.

Best,
Thorrild

27" iMac 2016; OS 10.12.6
13" MacBook Pro 2017 OS 10.12.6
by wcreed on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:51 am
+1

It would also serve the function that Finale's Staff Sets and Sibelius's Focus on Staves does, which is much needed.

Bill Reed
Notion 6, Dorico, StaffPad, Overture , Studio One, Cubase
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM; iPad2; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
August Forster 190
by mattiashenningson on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:58 am
Thorrild,
You're completely right, and your idea with dynamic parts for a selection of staffs would be an even more general, and better, solution.
/Mattias

5 posts
Page 1 of 1