6 posts
Page 1 of 1
When you have the top staff resting on a system, it won't show that top staff because the "hide resting staves" is used. The measure number doesn't show when that top staff is resting - even though there are other staves with notes. So, with a vocal score, when the singer is resting, the piano doesn't have any measure numbers.

--Jason
by reamato on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:39 am
THANKYOU!
That explains it, it's been driving me mad. Very annoying , needs looking at...
by reamato on Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:51 am
aha moment!
I was not making the unused staves invisible with the green "eyes" in score setup. When I do this, I don't have to hide resting staves in the view menu . Not sure if this applies in your situation though.
by michaeldiemer1 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:21 pm
This does appear to be a bug, as Jason has pointed out. I tried many workarounds and finally came up with one: open a text box under the top instrument of a system, way over on the right, and put in the measure number. I had to move them to settle them in under the staff, kind of on the edge (but under) the bar line. So, the measure count is at the end of the page, instead of at the beginning. It actually looks OK this way. But this really needs to be be fixed.

Michael Diemer
I-7, 16 GB RAM, WD Black HHD's, 1TB (2); Windows 7 Pro, UR-22 interface, Reaper, M-Audio BX5a monitor/Mackie sub, Sonar 8.5.3, GPO4, EWSO Gold, Vienna Sp. Ed. 1, Cinematic Strings
by michaeldiemer1 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:32 pm
I found a better way to add measure numbers to a score. Using Libre Office Draw, you can add a textbox anywhere you want in the PDF file. You have to adjust the font size (view/toolbars/format text). you can put it wherever you want it. I don't know if MS Office has this capability. I didn't install it on my music rig as Libre is so much quicker to install, plus no authorizing and MS trying to fool me into thinking I need to buy it when I already own it...

I think you can also use Libre Draw to merge files. Just thought I'd share this little discovery.

Michael Diemer
I-7, 16 GB RAM, WD Black HHD's, 1TB (2); Windows 7 Pro, UR-22 interface, Reaper, M-Audio BX5a monitor/Mackie sub, Sonar 8.5.3, GPO4, EWSO Gold, Vienna Sp. Ed. 1, Cinematic Strings
by michaeldiemer1 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:47 pm
Well, in my last post I shared a workaround for the missing measure numbers. It's fine for sharing PDF's online, but I have not figured out a way to print a PDF (as in paper and ink). Unless you spring for the full Adobe Acrobat (at that price? no way!). So, that brings me back to using a workaround in Notion, as you can print directly from it. A suggestion: if you could just let users put a text box outside the current right margin, a very elegant solution is possible. Measure numbers could be placed to the right of the the first instrument in a system, just outside the bar line. It looks great, and does not interfere with the notation in the measure. They would be cumulative; for example, at the end of page one, you might have "5". And then "10", and so on. I don't know how difficult that would be. but it seems doable, just let the margins be adjustable (or widen them).

It would also be nice to be able to put page numbers at the top. They are more noticeable there. Also, the font for them is small. Larger is better.

Michael Diemer

6 posts
Page 1 of 1