3 posts
Page 1 of 1
A _Hot-key combination to cue the Notion "Playback Head/Cursor" to the "center" or middle of the project time-line.

Why is there no global way to center the timeline or "cue" it without using markers?

To me, anyway, an important part is the middle(other than just begin & end).

E.g. on a Windows keyboard- Atl-Ctrl+ BACKSLASH "Cues the middle of the performance's timeline without scrolling."

Thank you!

,Newberry

:arrow:
by michaelmyers1 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:13 pm
An easy way to do what you want is to click on the Timeline to jump to that location in the score. Since the Timeline always shows the entire length of the score it's pretty easy to click on the center of it to get to where you want.

A more precise workaround would be to use a rehearsal mark shift + R for this. You can place any number of rehearsal marks in your score, and begin playback from those marks by using the dropdown in the transport menu. You can also use a GoTo command CTR: + g or Apple: + g ; or shift + [ or shift + ] to jump to the previous or next mark.

Michael

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Sonoma 14.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6/Notion Mobile + Studio One 6 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by johnnewberry on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:34 pm
My current project has 39 Rehearsal Markers and is approx. 170 measure.
The previous project had 48 Rehearsal Marks and nearly 800 measures.
We are talkin' "Big" full orchestral projects here.

Yes! I use Markers and navigate using the keyboard shortcuts.

And, I often use the Notion "Shift-Mouse Wheel" scrolling method but

I more see this cueing feature being used "after recording a live improvisational performance.

There generally wouldn't be any "Markers" at this point in the composition workflow.

It would be nice to "cue to a developmental section or the "50 yard line" or "midway point " with a click or something.

michaelmyers1 wrote Since the Timeline always shows the entire length of the score it's pretty easy to click on the center of it to get to where you want.

As you stated "Clicking on the timeline at the top of the Score Area will jump to any point.
However,I'm trying to avoid Mouse Clicking or useage as much as possible in some projects.
I use string instruments and my hands are full or busy too often.
And! as you probably know I've been using a (pok) Pedal Operated Keyboard.
(for real-time input I want to keep my hands on the instrument. Not the computer mouse or keyboard. I'd like a hot-key combo to use with the pok.

As I said "avoiding Mouse interaction" is needed in this workflow I'm using with real string instruments, with bow as a MIDI input device.

It would be nice if Notion calculated the total length and could jump to the center of development faster IMO.

,Newberry

:arrow:

3 posts
Page 1 of 1