Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I noticed when I open up S1 and in my browser for synths, the NOTION 4 file does not show up. I tried to transfer the NOTION 4 file to my VST files of S1 sounds and effects but when I reopen S1 it still does not recognize NOTION 4. Can someone out there help me out please, Thank you!!!
by johnny21 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:57 pm
As a quick check.
Make sure Notion Rewire is "Enabled" on the
Notion > Flie > Preferences... > Audio Tab > "Enable Rewire"

,Johnny

:arrow:
by Surf.Whammy on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:13 pm
bcorjar wroteI noticed when I open up S1 and in my browser for synths, the NOTION 4 file does not show up. I tried to transfer the NOTION 4 file to my VST files of S1 sounds and effects but when I reopen S1 it still does not recognize NOTION 4. Can someone out there help me out please, Thank you!!!

NOTION 4 is not a VSTi virtual instrument . . .

NOTION 4 can host VSTi virtual instruments, and it can play VSTi virtual instruments using the music notation you provide on the various NOTION 4 staves in a NOTION 4 score . . .

NOTION 4 supports ReWire 2 (Propellerhead Software), and Studio One 2.6+ Producer/Professional supports ReWire 2 . . .

You can add NOTION 4 as a ReWire 2 instrument in your Studio One 2.6+ Producer/Professional project, and then Studio One 2.6+ Producer/Professional will be able (a) to control the NOTION 4 transport and (b) to receive the NOTION 4 generated audio via ReWire 2 channel pairs, which you can record on Studio One 2.6+ Producer/Professional audio tracks . . .

This YouTube video shows how it works on the Mac, where StudioOne 2.6+ Producer is the ReWire 2 host controller and both NOTION 4 and Reason 7 are ReWire 2 slaves . . .

phpBB [video]

THOUGHTS

It will be helpful if you can provide more information regarding what you want to do, as well as the operating system for your digital music production computer (Mac or Windows, as the case might be) . . .

Lots of FUN!

P. S. I do everything on the Mac, so if you are doing digital music production on the Mac, I can provide detailed help and probably already have YouTube videos that show how to do everything . . .

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by johnny21 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:06 pm
bcorjar,
As Surfwhammy mentioned "the Rewire feature is included in the "Producer and Professional" versions of Studio One.
If you have one of these versions and Rewire is not visible in the Studio One browser make sure Rewire is "Enabled" in Studio One's options.
To do so In Studio One use the drop-down menu;
Studio One > Options... > Advanced (tab)> Services (tab) > Rewire (Enabled list item).

Also as I mentioned earlier be sure Notion's Rewire is enabled.
In the Notion application use the drop-down menu:
File > Preferences... > Audio (tab) > Enable Rewire "checkbox".

Ps. Both! Studio One and Notion must be the same 64bit versions of the software.
Or
Both! 32bit versions of the software.

,Johnny

:arrow:

4 posts
Page 1 of 1