Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I thought that the key signatures for transposing instrument were automatically and accurately generated, but currently, it seems that they are not functioning correctly. Which settings should I adjust to normalize this feature?
by acequantum on Wed May 01, 2024 10:20 pm
Hi,

I think it works properly. Take for example, a Bb clarinet. If you create a staff and add a Notion clarinet, it will transpose the tonality of the instrument to Bb. If the View is set to concert tuning, the staff displayed will be in the key of C (no sharps or flats). However if you write a C on the staff it will sound as a non-transposed C.

If you choose Menu > View > Transposed , the staff will change to 2 sharps - the key of D which is the transposed key signature for a Bb clarinet but will still play back the D as a C.

This would allow someone to write all the parts in concert tuning for all of the various instruments and then simply transpose the view so the staff has the correct key signatures and voicing for the various instruments.
by damoclessisyphus on Thu May 02, 2024 12:24 am
Your reply is awesome. Thank you.
by madisonfinley on Fri May 03, 2024 11:41 am
Yes, Menu > View > Transposed is something to check in each score. It catches me sometimes.

Windows 11 Home, Notion 6, Studio One 6. Intel i9, 32 GB RAM
by damoclessisyphus on Fri May 03, 2024 10:25 pm
Thanks.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1