Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Latest in my Works Series of releases is this realization of Antonin Dvorak's masterpiece for solo violin, his Romance, Op. 11.

I've previously shied away from extended works featuring Violin because in my view it's been a challenge to make effective digital realisations featuring exposed vioin with the libraries previously availabe. This work uses Virharmonic's Bohemian Violin in it's current iteration as a solo performer, and I've taken advantage of the performance modes and articulations and techniques to try to capture the most realistic digital violin performance I could. I think it's one of the best violin performance emulators out there.

Other instrument libraries used are LA Scoring Strings 3 for the ensemble strings, added Harmonic Subtones Emotional Solo Strings as First Chairs and Aaron Venture Infinite WInds and Brass.

Enjoy!

phpBB [audio]

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by acequantum on Tue May 16, 2023 10:56 am
Excellent!

The solo violin is well nuanced. Must have taken a lot of work. What I like about this particular violin is how it holds off on the vibrato until later in the note.

Very good job.
by michaelmyers1 on Tue May 16, 2023 8:23 pm
acequantum wroteExcellent!

The solo violin is well nuanced. Must have taken a lot of work. What I like about this particular violin is how it holds off on the vibrato until later in the note.

Very good job.

Thanks for the kind words and for listening. The Bohemian Violin is an excellent instrument and it takes some phrasing adjustment but it really kind of does it's own thing. They call it a "performer" and it behaves like one. I think it's especially effective on the runs in this piece. I suspect there's some pretty significant "AI" going on under the hood with the scripting, and the sample count is very high, so there are a lot of samples being called. The new player they developed seems to handle it flawlessly.

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by Surf.Whammy on Sun May 28, 2023 11:05 am
Very nice! :+1

THOUGHTS

I listened with studio-quality headphones (SONY MDR-7506. a personal favorite), and the solo violin definitely is realistic . . .

I like all the instruments--especially the solo violin . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by michaelmyers1 on Sun May 28, 2023 12:21 pm
Surf.Whammy wroteVery nice! :+1

THOUGHTS

I listened with studio-quality headphones (SONY MDR-7506. a personal favorite), and the solo violin definitely is realistic . . .

I like all the instruments--especially the solo violin . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

Thanks for listening, Surf Whammy! I think it's one of the more realistic (and easier) virtual instruments out there.

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

5 posts