Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
The VSL Synchron Prime rules are very welcome indeed.

However there are a few issues:
1. The Violins 2 instrument loads Violins 1
2. The Custom articulations does not work. When ever I add any of the six available I just get a tremolo articulation ..on the strings for example.

Anyone confirm this?
by ennbr on Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:46 am
It's working just fine I selected Violins 1 that was loaded correctly
next tried several different sound variations all changed the way they should even added Legato to Tremolo and back to Legato all working

Also ran the same test using Synchron Prime running on my VEPro server same results everything is working just fine

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by aduki on Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:57 am
Hi
Thanks for this.
But if you load Violins 2 do you get Violins 2...check by double clicking the mixer header channel to see the Synchron Player...I'm pretty sure you will see Violins 1

Edit: actually you will definitely find this to be the case! The raw instrument from VSL loads the wrong instrument. This definitely a bug.

Did you try Custom articulations?
by ennbr on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:22 am
yes I'm getting violins 1 and 2 and checked it in the synchron player
created a custom 1 using pizzicato as the base it's all working switched from long to custom back to long
I'm running studio one v6 on a Mac

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by aduki on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:40 am
Hi
In that case you must be using an earlier version as the latest version does not load Violins 2 into Violins 2.
The articulations generally are working I know ...it's the custom presets that are not.
by aduki on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:50 am
OK hopefully Gabriel from VSL will appear soon. The fix for Violins 2 is easy by the way. Just open the base instrument in SYPrimeEdition>Instruments>StringsHarp and resave it with the correct Violins 2 patch.
by gabrielgudenus1 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:04 am
Hello Aduki,

Thanks for the feedback (And for waking me up out of my forum hibernation by a private message)
I can confirm both reported issues and will provide a fix. Is there anything you need super urgent? In this case I can provide a quickfix, otherwise this might take some time (Black Friday, Holiday season, and some great things to come from Vienna ...)

All the best

Gabriel

P.S.: In case of need always send an email to [email protected] as this will ensure timely answers
by aduki on Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:10 am
Hey Gabriel ..that was quick! Thanks

Nothing urgent. I'm putting it through it's paces today and tomorrow so I will report back. In the other thread here I noted about coming from another VSL instrument not allowing a change to Prime on an existing score, but tbh it's not a big deal.

I do wish legato could be instigated a different way than the slur line though...it's not ideal!

But generally I'm having a great time with this.
by gabrielgudenus1 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:02 pm
Hi Aduki,

We always try to help our customers ;)

Regarding Legato, I fear there is not much that I can do there. You can check in the 2nd last page of the Notion manual if there is any articulation like "sempre legato" available, but unfortunately I could not find anything matching.
A quick hack might be to just drag and drop the legato articulations in the long slots. Therefore these will always be played back. Just save it (could also be done under a different filename) as you did it with your Violin II fix and it will work. This (with slightly different parameters) is also demonstrated in this tutorial video at time index 95.
https://youtu.be/qkWbmspSGCM?list=PLC5G ... 6h2_0&t=95

And as I already posted this video - the Notion Presets will also work for the Compatibility Presets, so even more users can use them.

All the best

Gabriel
by aduki on Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:22 pm
Hey Gabriel

Yes that's the answer to legato, to just make it the default articulation, nice one. (but how to get the longs back when needed..hmmm, Custom Preset?)

What about the Custom Presets? I'm not an expert with these but I think the key switches are missing in the Rules?

Not sure what you mean by:
"the Notion Presets will also work for the Compatibility Presets, so even more users can use them." but it sounds good!

EDIT ah went a bit further into the video and now know what you mean about compatibility presets...excellent as I have Synchron Strings Pro :)

Thanks
by gabrielgudenus1 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:06 am
Hi Aduki,

Great that this hint worked!

Yes, custom presets would then allow you going back to standard longs. I will fix them hopefully soon!

All the best, and let me know if there is anything else you need! I prepared Notion presets for the Ymir Library, even with some syllable selection some time ago, but there was never a big community interest.

Gabriel

11 posts
Page 1 of 1