Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
From Notion 6 I can send to Studio One V5 but it doesn't work with V6. If I uninstall Studio One V5 and then press 'send to Studio One' it doesn't work.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks.
by Surf.Whammy on Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:36 pm
aaron79 wroteFrom Notion 6 I can send to Studio One V5 but it doesn't work with V6. If I uninstall Studio One V5 and then press 'send to Studio One' it doesn't work.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks.

If you recently installed Studio One Professional 6, the first thing to check is whether the network discovery option is configured correctly . . . :)

THOUGHTS

It's in Studio One "Preferences" in the "General" section on the "Network" tab . . .

It needs to be set ("checked" rather than "unchecked") . . .

Since NOTION was working (sending to Studio One and receiving from Studio One), NOTION should be configured correctly . . .

If this solves the problem, then great; but otherwise post a follow-up message with more information on what happens . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

P. S. Sometimes--although not always--when setting an option like this, I like to save my work; exit the application; and then reboot the computer . . .

This way the configuration option has been set and due to the reboot, everything starts afresh . . .

Most of the time rebooting is not necessary, but it just takes a few minutes, so I do it anyway . . .

At minimum, it's a good practice to exit the application and then to restart the application . . .

Sometimes, it takes exiting and then restarting applications to get them synchronized with respect to system configuration, global parameters, and all that system-wide stuff . . .

Following this rule ("save, exit, reboot, start-over") tends to avoid needing to remember (a) when it must be done versus (b) when it's optional, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :+1

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by aaron79 on Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:42 am
Surf.Whammy wrote
aaron79 wroteFrom Notion 6 I can send to Studio One V5 but it doesn't work with V6. If I uninstall Studio One V5 and then press 'send to Studio One' it doesn't work.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks.

If you recently installed Studio One Professional 6, the first thing to check is whether the network discovery option is configured correctly . . . :)

THOUGHTS

It's in Studio One "Preferences" in the "General" section on the "Network" tab . . .

It needs to be set ("checked" rather than "unchecked") . . .

Since NOTION was working (sending to Studio One and receiving from Studio One), NOTION should be configured correctly . . .

If this solves the problem, then great; but otherwise post a follow-up message with more information on what happens . . .

P. S. Sometimes--although not always--when setting an option like this, I like to save my work; exit the application; and then reboot the computer . . .

This way the configuration option has been set and due to the reboot, everything starts afresh . . .

Most of the time rebooting is not necessary, but it just takes a few minutes, so I do it anyway . . .

At minimum, it's a good practice to exit the application and then to restart the application . . .

Sometimes, it takes exiting and then restarting applications to get them synchronized with respect to system configuration, global parameters, and all that system-wide stuff . . .

Following this rule ("save, exit, reboot, start-over") tends to avoid needing to remember (a) when it must be done versus (b) when it's optional, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :+1

Thanks, that's not it though. Network discovery is checked. A re-install of S1 might be my next step but I'll probably leave it for the moment.
by Surf.Whammy on Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:27 am
A few questions . . . :)

QUESTIONS

(1) macOS or Windows, and which version? If macOS, is it Intel processor or M1/M2? If Windows, is it AMD, ARM, Intel, or other?

(2) Which version of Studio One 6? Artist? Professional?

(3) Do you start Studio One before trying to do a Send from NOTION?

(4) Which version of NOTION? v6.8.2 (current release)? Older version?

(5) Is NOTION correctly configured for Send/Receive to Studio One?

[NOTE: We presumed NOTION was configured correctly, but check it to be certain . . . ]

NOTION Preferences ~ Allow Network Discovery

THOUGHTS

Send/Receive to and from Studio One and NOTION works, so something is not configured correctly; is corrupted; or the sequence is not being done properly . . .

Studio One needs to be running before you do the Send from NOTION, which also needs to be running . . .

[NOTE: One of them might start automagically, but perhaps not . . . ]

Since Studio One 6 does not support ReWire, it does not matter which one is started first (Studio One or NOTION), but both need to be running . . .

The operating system is important (macOS or Windows), and some older versions probably do not work with Studio One 6 and NOTION, even though NOTION was working nicely with Studio One 5 or 5.5 (last version) . . .

I tend to use older Macs, but I have a 2019 MacBook Pro that is current on everything (macOS, Studio One Professional 6, and NOTION 6.8.2) . . .

I have Mac Pro (Early 2008) and Mac Pro (Mid 2010) machines, and a 27" Apple iMac (Late 2013) is my primary Mac and runs everything with no problems . . .

The iMac (Late 2013) runs macOS Catalina (10.15.7), and there is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), also running macOS Catalina (10.15.7) . . .

Both run Studio One Professional 6 (current version), NOTION (current version), and a lot of VSTi virtual instruments and VST effects plug-ins, mostly since I have subscriptions for pretty much everything and all the fully licensed products by IK Multimedia, which I keep current when IK Multimedia releases a new product or does an update . . .

The fascinating aspect of IK Multimedia is that when they need money to build a new manufacturing or research facility, they have a huge "group buy" extravaganza to raise money; and the way it works is that the more folks who buy one product, the more free products everyone gets . . .

In the most recent "group buy", folks bought one product and got 50 free products of equal or lesser value . . .

I already had a lot of IK Multimedia software products, but then I got all the software products I did not have already--mostly an absurd number of synthesizers, pianos, and effects plug-ins . . .

It was so much stuff that downloading it blew-out my ISP download quota . . .

When that happens, the ISP charges me $10 for another 100GB, and overall I think it added $20 or $30 more to the ISP bill that month, but so what . . . :oops:

I have all the T-RackS signal processors (including echo units, compressor-limiters, and so forth); everything for SampleTank 4; everything for Syntronik; and lots of additional stuff.

Now it takes about 18 hours to do a full-backup of the iMac 4TB hard drive using SuperDuper! (Shirt Pocket) and a fast LaCie external hard drive, during which time I do something else . . .

SUMMARY

Send/Receive to and from Studio One Professional 6 and NOTION 6.8.2 works very nicely; so it must be a matter of something not being configured correctly or perhaps an older Mac or Windows machine . . .

Reinstalling Studio One 6 might resolve the problem, but without knowing more about your machine, operating system version, and so forth, it's difficult to make an accurate guess . . .

Yet, if you are running Windows 7, 8, 9, or perhaps 10, this might be the problem?

I advise folks to run Windows 11 Pro if they prefer to work on a Windows machine (or must do this for work) . . .

The Mac is more flexible--witness me doing digital music production with state of the art music software on a 2013 iMac running macOS Catalina (10.15.7), which in a few months will be 10 years-old . . . :P

The older Mac Pro machines run earlier versions of macOS, although the Mac Pro (Mid 2010) might be running MacOS Catalina. I think the Mac Pro machines are running Mojave, but I have not started them in a while, so I don't remember . . .

Mostly, they are backup computers now . . .

This is all that comes to mind at present . . .

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!

4 posts
Page 1 of 1