Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm not sure where this belongs, but there is a product called Luna that allows you to use an iPad as a remote display for a Mac or PC.

Here's a link: https://astropad.com/product/lunadispla ... Lcm4KXWzzs

I understand from my post on the Presonus Users Facebook Group that this is already possible with a Mac and iPad, but I use Windows.

Here's specifically what I'm interested in: Can I use a Windows PC running the desktop version of Notion 6 for Windows, and connect an iPad using this Luna device, so that I can use an Apple Pencil on the iPad to make changes to the Notion score?

The commercial shows someone signing a PDF using an Apple Pencil. If they can do that, why not do this?

Yes, I know there is a Mobile version of Notion for the iPad. I have it. But I wouldn't need to use it if I had Notion running on the desktop AND the iPad and could choose how I wanted to interact with the program.

I hope that made sense.

Windows 11 Home, Notion 6, Studio One 6. Intel i9, 32 GB RAM
by Surf.Whammy on Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:56 pm
I do everything on the Mac and do not have a current iPad, but so what . . . :)

THOUGHTS

I have a friend from high school days who is a graphic artist, and he uses a drawing device (probably Watcom) with a stylus and drawing pad rather than a mouse . . .

He also does everything on the Mac, but this type of input device is available for Windows machines . . .

Watcom Tablets

Watcom has pen computers--at a $2,500 or thereabout price--that work with Windows and Mac as "touch" devices, which NOTION might support or perhaps does support . . .

I'm a dedicated "mouser", so this mostly is all I know about the matter . . . :roll:

Lots of FUN! :)

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by madisonfinley on Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:01 pm
Thank you. Yes, I am familiar with Wacom tablets although I have not tried one with desktop Notion 6 for Windows. My experience with the Wacom tablet device is that the Apple Pencil is far better (more accurate), hence my interest in the new Luna device solution.

Windows 11 Home, Notion 6, Studio One 6. Intel i9, 32 GB RAM
by acequantum on Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:32 pm
For a drawing pad solution for windows, check out the Huion Inspiroy H line.

I have an H950P. It works great - very inexpensive (I bought mine for $60 US). Very sensitive, very accurate and flexible, customizable setup. Also, the pen doesn't require charging or batteries. There are tons of reviews out there so you can research it a bit.

I do have to say however, while it works great and my original intention was to use it to hand write music, my coordination with looking at the screen while drawing elsewhere (on the tablet) is terrible. I suppose it would take a lot of practice to develope the hand-eye coordination I would need to make things flow smoothly. Right now, for me it takes longer to draw with the pen than to make changes with a mouse. Conceptually, it's so cool, though! I just really need to spend the time to get good at it.

One other note: you can set it up to function as mouse.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1