Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have Notion for a while - but now that I'm a Sphere-user I'd like to load additional instruments. My Activation is on my old license - how can I change this? Will I have to uninstall and reinstall completely? There is no dialog to find, where I could change my activation.

MacBookPro 16" M1-Max 32 GB RAM 24C-grafics 1TB, using a 32" Samsung 4K display with Presonus Quantum 2626
MacOS 14 Sonoma (always latest version)
External harddiscs Samsung T7 or Sandisc Extreme USB-C or WD-Black 3.5" - 7200 rpm on USB 3.0 (connected via OWC-TB-4-dock)

Presonus Studio One Pro 6.X (latest version);
Celemony Melodyne Studio 5; Softube Console1 MK II (always latest versions)
PreSonus Faderport 8, PreSonus Atom, Atom SQ
by Surf.Whammy on Mon May 23, 2022 9:59 am
MarkusHassold wroteI have Notion for a while - but now that I'm a Sphere-user I'd like to load additional instruments. My Activation is on my old license - how can I change this? Will I have to uninstall and reinstall completely? There is no dialog to find, where I could change my activation.

You will need (a) to delete the standalone NOTION license file and then (b) to activate NOTION via your PreSonus Sphere license . . . :)

Detailed instructions for Windows and macOS are provided at the following link to the PreSonus Knowledge Base:

Notion will not allow Expansion Sounds from PreSonus Sphere to be installed or activated (PreSonus Knowledge Base)

Lots of FUN! :)

P. S. Windows and MacOS by default are configured to provide as little detailed information about directories (Windows), folders (macOS), and files (Windows and macOS) as possible, based on the perspective that detailed information is better suited to software engineers and the like . . .

Being among other things a software engineer, Surf.Whammy sets his macOS machines to reveal everything . . .

Whether you can find and see the directories, folders, and files referenced in the PreSonus Knowledge Base article might depend on how your Windows or maOS machine is configured . . .

One might suggest this perspective is based on the teachings of James Martin over half a century ago, when he strongly stated that "machines never should annoy humans" or something similar, which generally is a very good rule . . .

In both Windows and macOS, files have extensions, where as a macOS example for "info.tpk", "info" is the file name and "tpk" is the extension name . . .

True to form, instead of using "file name", the term "filename" is used, since it only makes sense to software engineers, while "extension" is used rather than "extension name:" for the same reason . . .

[NOTE: The cynical perspective goes something like this: "OK, we made it as simple as possible in an effort to avoid annoying you, based on the presumption you are a "human" from the planet Earth. But no, you want to see everything; so now you get to learn a few of the many reasons software engineers control every aspect of your life; use a special language that only makes sense to them; and end every sentence with an ellipsis." . . . :P ]

The option to see the filename and the extension name is set in the macOS application "Finder" in its "Preferences" on the "Advanced" tab:

Surf.Whammy does everything on the Mac, so if you encounter difficulties and are doing this on the Mac, then post a follow-up reply to this post, and Surf.Whammy will provide a bit of help, probably in a day or thereabout, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :+1

P. P. S. There are lots of things like this, where one of the more abstruse examples is what happens if you have not mowed the grass for a few weeks and grab a random handful of grass . . .

Draw a straight, horizontal line on a piece of paper and then arrange the pieces of grass by length (vertically) going from shortest to tallest, left to right . . .

This creates an Ogive Curve . . .

It's almost like there are many copies, and they actually have a plan, which is spanky . . .

phpBB [video]

Spanky! :roll:

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!

2 posts
Page 1 of 1