Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I've been working on Notion for a while and I have a question because I can't find it anywhere.

Is it possible to check the total time of the entire composition somewhere. When using D.S., the Coda or other repetitions do not add up and in the end the composition time is not physically real.

Clock does not show accumulated time after multiple repetitions.
by davidlarson6 on Tue May 17, 2022 8:23 am
The only way I know of getting accurate time-length is to specifically time the playing, or to send it out to audio and check the actual length of that.

I get a close estimate of duration by checking the time of repeated sections, and doubling those when adding it up.

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by acequantum on Wed May 18, 2022 6:49 pm
There's a super simple way.

File > Export MIDI
File > Import MIDI

Click on the last beat of the last measure. Click on the little man to get into performance mode, and the total time will be displayed. You can close the MIDI file when done and continue to work on your "real" score.

Not a great work around but will give you the info pretty easily.

[Edit]: I just noticed that there is a transport timer at the top of the screen, so you don't have to go into performance mode to get the time on HUD. The rest of the work around is the same.
Last edited by acequantum on Thu May 19, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
by madisonfinley on Wed May 18, 2022 6:52 pm
I had the same question. Thanks for the easy workaround.

I generally Export as Audio so I can bring the file into Adobe Audition, where I add a bit of space at the beginning and trim the empty space at the end. Then I have my functional elapsed time.

Windows 11 Home, Notion 6, Studio One 6. Intel i9, 32 GB RAM

4 posts
Page 1 of 1