Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
62 postsPage 1 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
Notion 6 is the best but Dorico is looking good and has added a whole bunch of features in version 4.

So come on Presonus, how about it? Give some long overdue version increase love to Notion 6.

Really all it needs now is proper pro engraving and printing and it's back on top. The integration with S1 means there is no need to put in a piano roll really.

I watched the Dorico 4 release video and I'm like, er yeh, Notion had all that ten years ago. But ten years ago is the last time anyone put some energy in to Notion!

So Presonus- come on already. Get some funds from your new owners and get version 7 out. Please.
by brandonmitchell15 on Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:57 am
With Studio One 6's release and the MuseScore 4 Alpha 2 update, I am excited to think about what may be in store for a Notion 7. My most desired features would be more engraving options, such as large time signatures for film scoring, basic cover pages, and perhaps a script for properly notating rhythms by default like in Dorico. With Rewire no longer being supported, it would be interesting to see how they would tackle potential integration with daws.
by JohnBW on Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:33 pm
It would be nice if the Notion 7 instrument library would integrate with Studio One, or if the Presence XT libraries would integrate with Notion, especially now with the smooth integration between the two applications. Using common instruments would be a time saver.

In addition, the Notion built-in presets for other plugin sound libraries are outdated. That could use a refresh. I'm sure that hardcore users probably build their own, but it would be a time saver for the rest of us.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by chrisdenman2 on Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:26 am
Yes is long overdue and would be really nice to have more midi input features available like being able to use my atom midi pad to input into it. I also am hoping it will be released soon love writing scores in it and updated sounds would help a lot, I use it a lot to write drums and piano to bring into studio one and then add my guitar parts and bass parts by playing them so is gives me a band without having to try to fit a drum set or a piano in my home studio which is filled with guitars and bass's.
by Surf.Whammy on Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:01 pm
Everything is different now that Studio One Professional 6 is released . . . :+1

THOUGHTS

As explained in some of my more recently posted topics, it's now possible and practical to do everything solely within Studio One Professional 6, which is the strategy I now am using--no ReWire and no NOTION . . .

[NOTE: PreSonus probably did this earlier; but I did everything with Studio One Professional 5.5 and NOTION 6.8 in ReWire sessions; so why did I need to know any other way to do it? Necessity is the Mother of Invention; and when PreSonus stopped supporting ReWire in Studio One Professional 6, I did some researching and experimenting and discovered the new strategy . . . ]

PreSonus has packaged NOTION inside Studio One Professional 6; and it's very easy to use once you become accustomed to a few nuances in semantics, where one such nuance is that empty measures are referred as "silence" rather than as "empty measures", something which took me about five hours to discover . . .

Explained another way, I think it's accurate to suggest the general mindset and associated concepts in Studio One sometimes are different from the way music notation-aware composers in NOTION think about things . . .

In NOTION, when you want to insert more measures, you can use the "barline" tool, but you also can use Copy and Paste, both of which take a bit of work, although more so when using the "barline" tool in the NOTION Palette . . .

In contrast, to insert more measures in a Studio One Professional 6 ".song", you click on the timeline where there are existing MIDI notes and select "Insert Silence" from the Edit menu, which displays an modal input dialogue where you can specify the quantity of "silence" to insert, where this quantity is the number of empty measures . . .

Aside from not being the terminology normally used in music notation, (a) it's faster and (b) it's easier . . .

There are a few other nuances like this and some behaviors that are a little bit different from the way things work in NOTION, but nothing major or significant; and overall I find it's easier to compose music notation directly in Studio One Professional 6 than in NOTION--especially when you avoid using music notation-style articulations, dynamics, playing styles, and all that stuff, where instead (a) you use effects plug-ins like compressors, limiters, and "ducking" compressors like Pro-C2 (FabFilter Software Instruments) to control dynamics and (b) you specify playing styles via VSTi virtual instruments and particular sampled-sound libraries where the trained musician plays the instrument in the style you desire . . .

You can use effects plug-ins for Tremolo and Vibrato, as well; and for what I call "diatonically sampled-sound libraries" where only every other note actually was played, digitized, and added to the sampled-sound library this avoids the problem of the tremolo, vibrato, or other time-varied effects being either sped-up or slowed-down due to the non-sampled "in-between" notes needing to be synthesized by computer algorithms that do what essentially is logarithmic interpolation, in which case you select a non-motion or non-time-based (or "dry") set of sampled sounds and then use a Tremolo or Vibrato effects plug-in to apply it consistently and precisely to all notes, (a) played and sampled or (b) synthesized algorithmically using lower or higher actually played and digitized notes to do logarithmic interpolation . . .

When the goal is to create a song with a combination of virtual instruments and real instruments, Studio One Professional 6 is ideal and makes it easy, because you can do both of these activities . . .

For reference, I was creating songs and science fiction radio plays in ReWire sessions where Studio One Professional 5.5 was the ReWire host controller and NOTION 6.8 was the ReWire helper device; but since Studio One Professional 6 does not support ReWire, I did some experiments; verified everything works nicely solely within Studio One Professional 6; and now am doing everything in Studio One Professional 6 . . .

[NOTE: This is the first version of "Chapter 13: The Happy Valley" of my science fiction radio play "Extreme Gravity", and everything is done solely within Studio One Professional 6. As with everything I do these days, it's mixed specifically for listening with studio-quality headphones and Apple AirPods. It's approximately half of the story, but so what. For reference, all the instruments and Realivox Blue--my favorite virtual female soprano--are VSTi virtual instruments played via music notation. My voiceovers are real and were recorded on Audio Tracks, which also works when playing real instruments (direct, via foot pedals, or via microphones and guitar rigs, or some combination thereof) . . . ]

phpBB [video]

Regarding integrating PreSonus effects plug-ins to other Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) applications, this is done via PreSonus Hub; but it's VST3 and as best as I have been able to determine does not provide the ability to use Studo One Professional 6 virtual instruments like Presence XT in NOTION or anywhere else . . .

Yet, since you can do everything solely within Studio One Professional 6--with recorded real instruments and voices on Audio Tracks and virtual instruments on Instrument Tracks, including all the native Studio One Professional 6 virtual instruments--there is no need to use native Studio One Professional 6 virtual instruments like Presence XT in NOTION . . .

Instead, do everything directly within Studio One Professional 6--(a) working with real instruments and voices on Audio Tracks and (b) working with virtual instruments (native and VSTi virtual instruments) on Instrument Tracks for which you then can record the generate audio to Audio Tracks . . . :reading:

Lots of FUN! :)

P. S. Although in some respects--depending primarily on how much strong coffee I have consumed--I tend to consider myself to be the Official Source of All Knowledge in the Known Universe, I also am a bit lazy in the sense that I will devote hours, days, and weeks toward the goal of discovering the easiest possible and practical way to do whatever I need to do; and when I find such a strategy, I stop looking for other strategies . . .

Explained another way, if there were an easier way to do all this stuff than to do it solely within Studio One Professional 6, then I would know it and use it; but there is no easier way, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :+1
Last edited by Surf.Whammy on Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by ennbr on Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:50 pm
Everything is different now that Studio One Professional 6 is released . . . :+1

Surf

I have to ask why did you post this again it must be the 3rd or 4th time you have repeated this post and it has nothing to do with the topic

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by Surf.Whammy on Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:47 pm
ennbr wrote

Surf

I have to ask why did you post this again it must be the 3rd or 4th time you have repeated this post and it has nothing to do with the topic

It's vastly relevant to the two most recent, previous posts to my post to this topic, although one might observe that such "relevance" is dependent on what one considers to be germane to what one wants to do . . . :)

THOUGHTS

It might have been a bit clearer if I had quoted and responded to each of the respective posts separately; but I decided it was easier to answer both posts at the same time . . . :roll:

chrisdenman2 wroteI use it [NOTION] a lot to write drums and piano to bring into studio one and then add my guitar parts and bass parts by playing them so is gives me a band without having to try to fit a drum set or a piano in my home studio which is filled with guitars and bass's.

JohnBW wroteIt would be nice. . . if the Presence XT libraries would integrate with Notion, especially now with the smooth integration between the two applications. Using common instruments would be a time saver.

Regarding using Presence XT, I devoted about an hour doing research and a few experiments, which included downloading and installing PreSonus Hub and identifying exactly what it supports, which as noted in my post does not include Presence XT . . .

Depending upon the way one uses the information, it provides a practical answer to both posts . . .

In particular, chrisdenman2 appears to be doing exactly what I am doing; and this is the reason I devoted approximately two hours to providing the relevant information . . .

My reply might have been different for folks who are focused on Symphonic and Classical genres, but chrisdenman2 plays the same primary real instruments I play, where for reference I was doing everything with real instruments until over a decade ago in 2010, when I decided to compose a Flamenco song in the Bulería style and quickly realized that while I am reasonably proficient in Rock, Rhythm and Blues, and Jazz drumming, I have nearly no concepts or intuitive abilities for Flamenco percussion, hence embarked on a quest to use virtual instruments to play Flamenco rhythms via music notation, which was the first song I did using NOTION and a blend of native NOTION instruments and VSTi virtual instruments from IK Multimedia, as well as some VST effects plug-ins from IK Multimedia . . .

[NOTE: This was done in 2010 with NOTION 3, but I did not post it to YouTube until 2014 . . . ]

phpBB [video]

The Really Bigger Drumkit

[NOTE: This was done with real instruments; and with everything I do, it's mixed for listening with studio-quality headphones . . . ]

phpBB [video]

P. S. I hope this helps you understand my motivations for the post, which if it does will be fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :)

The Surf Whammys

by acequantum on Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:37 pm
I think what is getting lost is that a DAW and Notation software generally serve two different functions. A DAW is generally for a completed recording project and playback electronically.

Notation software is generally used for composing or arranging parts that can be printed and played back by other musicians or for archiving the notation. Having electronic playback capability is a huge bonus so that one can hear the arrangement or composition as close to the expected musician playback as possible. A composer might start with a notation software to write the score, then use a DAW to finalize the recording for a movie or commercial or whatever.

Having a notation function inside a DAW I see more as a scripting tool for MIDI instruments that may be more initutive to musicans than using a piano role.

My opinion is that if one is seeking to make recordings, then a DAW is the way to go. A notation program might be a tool to help with that.

If one is seeking to transcribe, write or arrange music, print it out, and share it with other musicians a Notation program is what is needed. There may be no need to even have or learn a DAW. That is why Notion needs an upgrade. It lacks some functionality and has some bugs in regards to its Notation program abilities. Plus it's a great bonus that Notion can play back different libraries - but needs an upgrade or some programming changes in this department as well.
by JohnBW on Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:32 pm
acequantum wroteNotation software is generally used for composing or arranging parts that can be printed and played back by other musicians or for archiving the notation. Having electronic playback capability is a huge bonus so that one can hear the arrangement or composition as close to the expected musician playback as possible. A composer might start with a notation software to write the score, then use a DAW to finalize the recording for a movie or commercial or whatever.

Having a notation function inside a DAW I see more as a scripting tool for MIDI instruments that may be more initutive to musicans than using a piano role.

My opinion is that if one is seeking to make recordings, then a DAW is the way to go. A notation program might be a tool to help with that.

I think it's great that you can send a song score directly back and forth between Notion and Studio One. The notes and instrument names for the staves are preserved, but you need to consider the actual virtual instruments to be assigned at each end. The factory Notion library won't carry over to Studio One, and vice versa, the factory Presence XT instruments won't carry over to Notion.

The only real solution that I can see is to use a template containing only the same 3rd party VST instruments at each end.

For instance, if you write a song in Notion and send it over to Studio One you need to match the instruments in order for the song to sound the same. And vice versa, say you wrote the song in Studio One and wished to send it over to Notion to finalize a score. It would be great to have the same instruments at both ends of the workflow. But to do that in Notion today you would need to create the custom rule sets for your 3rd party libraries in order to take full advantage of Notion.

The Notion factory library is the only place that is already plug and play out of the box. So yeah, there are workarounds, but it should be easier.

by Surf.Whammy on Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:51 am
These are my observations and insights . . . :)

THOUGHTS

It's possible that some of the music notation capabilities of Studio One Professional 6 were available in earlier, recent flavors of Studio One--and some of them definitely were present--but since ReWire was supported by both Studio One Professional and NOTION, I had no particular need or desire to explore the matter in any specific detail . . .

Why? :roll:

I could do everything I needed to do in ReWire sessions where Studio One Professional 5.5 was the ReWire host controller and NOTION 6 was the ReWire helper device . . .

This changed with Studio One Professional 6--since it does not support ReWire--hence the strong motivation here in the sound isolation studio to determine if there is a solution using Studio One Professional 6 by itself, which for reference there is . . .

Toward the worthy goal of understanding all this stuff, I think there are three general observations or categories of relevant things:

(1) NATURAL: Formally trained, proficient musicians can play a virtual festival of articulations, dynamics, playing styles, and so forth via reading elaborate sheet music. This cannot be done currently with the notation capabilities in Studio One; and it cannot be done electronically by performing scores in NOTION, even when one provides custom rules and elaborate music notation. Explained another way, there is no electronic or computerized replacement for the capabilities of a formally trained, proficient musician who is performing elaborate sheet music by playing a real instrument. To a certain extent this can be emulated, but it cannot be replicated precisely because when it's emulated, it is being 'played" by a computer using digital sounds from a sampled-sound library(s).

(2) MICROPHONES AND LOUDSPEAKERS: Articulations, dynamics, playing styles, and all that stuff certainly can be important--especially in the first scenario (1)--but when the resulting sounds are amplified and projected through a sound system (a) it becomes a bit moot generally and (b) with some genres and audiences it becomes patently absurd, silly, and a gross waste of time and effort. To be as clear as possible, the instant microphones and a sound reinforcement system appear, the rules change dramatically. The perspective here is more along the lines of the way dedicated audiophiles approach what might be called "playback perfection", some of which is a bit goofy, although not all of it, of course. From this perspective, I think it's accurate to suggest that if you want to experience perfection, then listen to formally trained, proficient musicians and singers performing in a wonderfully designed concert hall with no microphones and sound reinforcement system. If it's Elvis Presley or the Beatles, then in this scenario it's acceptable for the electric guitars and bass to be run through guitar and bass rigs, and one might suppose it's acceptable for the singing to be run through a sound reinforcement system; but perhaps not, because the vocal microphones will pick-up some of the instruments, which ultimately defeats the purpose and experience of being completely and totally unplugged. Explained another way, I suggest that when microphones and a sound reinforcement system appear, at least some of the subtle nuances literally and physically are destroyed by the microphones, amplifiers, loudspeakers, subwoofers, and so forth; and by being destroyed essentially become caricatures. Audio engineering skills combined with high-quality microphones, amplifiers, loudspeakers, subwoofers, and mixing boards can lessen the total destruction; but once the music and singing are projected via a sound reinforcement system, the first scenario (1) is gone and ceases to exist. This also is the case when one listens to music and singing via studio-quality headphones, Apple AirPods, car audio systems, home stereo systems with loudspeakers, studio monitor systems, and so forth. While this might be shocking news for some folks, when you think about realistically, it's mostly a big "Duh" type of epiphany, where you know it but never gave it much actual thought. Even the MTV "unplugged" events are done with microphones, mixing boards, and then are prepared and enhanced for broadcasting, hence are not even a tiny bit unplugged, at least not like the first scenario (1) unless you are there in the studio and hear everything without it's being run through microphones, amplifiers, loudspeakers, mixing boards, and all that stuff.

(3) STANDALONE STUDIO ONE PROFESSIONAL 6: This is a variation of scenario (2), and it is focused on practicality, where one of the clues is the sufficient but nevertheless limited-capability set of symbols and marks provided for music notation. However, calling it "limited-capability" is a bit misleading, because while the basic set of Studio One Professional 6 Symbols might not appear to be so elaborate, it actually is quite elaborate when you consider many of the choices expand to deep and rich lists of selections via the small triangles at the bottom-right corners (see the "Symbols" image, below). This suggests the question, "Is there any need for NOTION?"; and specific to the first scenario (1), the answer clearly is "Yes". Relative to the second scenario (2), the answer is "No", which is excellent because it focuses everything on and within Studio One Professional 6.

Music Notation Symbols ~ Studio One Professional 6

acequantum wroteI think what is getting lost is that a DAW and Notation software generally serve two different functions. A DAW is generally for a completed recording project and playback electronically.
Notation software is generally used for composing or arranging parts that can be printed and played back by other musicians or for archiving the notation.

This makes good sense to me, and all I add is that Studio One Professional 6 is used for developing the project, as well, and certainly includes the ability to blend real instruments with virtual instruments . . .

JohnBW wroteI think it's great that you can send a song score directly back and forth between Notion and Studio One. The notes and instrument names for the staves are preserved, but you need to consider the actual virtual instruments to be assigned at each end. The factory Notion library won't carry over to Studio One, and vice versa, the factory Presence XT instruments won't carry over to Notion.

The only real solution that I can see is to use a template containing only the same 3rd party VST instruments at each end.

This also makes good sense to me; but here in the sound isolation studio I avoid the "sending back and forth" aspect, since I prefer to do everything in Studio One Professional 6--recording real instruments, singing, and voiceovers to Audio Tracks and working with VSTi virtual instruments via music notation and Instrument Tracks, where later I record the generated audio to a matching set of Audio Tracks . . .

SUMMARY

Studio One Professional 6 changes everything with respect to scenarios (2) and (3) and makes it possible to do everything solely within Studio One Professional 6 without needing ReWire and NOTION . . .

Yet, NOTION is available for producing the sheet music required for scenario (1), as well as for archiving, real-time performance enhancing, and so forth . . .

For a week or two, I was not so certain about real-time performance enhancing with Studio One Professional 6; but after reading hundreds of posts in the PreSonus Studio One Forum, I think this can be done with Studio One Professional 6 and, in fact, is something Studio One has been doing for years--noting that some folks use the Show capabilities of Studio One to run light shows and lots of other performance stuff, all of which (a) is new to me, (b) at present is not something I can afford, since it requires lights, hardware controllers, automated mixing boards, and so forth, and (c) is not something I need to do, but so what . . . :ugeek:

The Surf Whammys

by estebancortes on Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:12 pm
and with LARGE TIME SIGNATURES PLEASE! :roll:
by acequantum on Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:37 pm
What is a large time signature? Physically large print on the page or something like 44/32 ?

You know you can practically have any time signature you want as long as it's denominator is an actual meter.

notion time sig.JPG
by nathanielwalker2 on Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:25 am
I watched the Dorico 4 release video and I'm like, er yeh, Notion had all that ten years ago. But ten years ago is the last time anyone put some energy in to Notion!

Major features added in Dorico 4.0 (not counting .# updates):

- Key Editor in Write Mode (Sequencer Staves, if we're REALLY stretching things)
- Smart MIDI Import
- Polyphonic MIDI Transcription
- Insert Mode Scope
- Melodic & Rhythmic Transformations
- On-Screen Keyboard, Fretboard and Drum Pads
- Revamped Play Mode and Mixer
- Native Apple Silicon Support
- Flexible New License Management
- Library Manager
- Jump Bar
- Instrument Filters in Gallery View
- SuperVision & VST Amp Rack Plug-ins
- Capos for Fretted Instruments
- Parenthesized Chord Symbols
- Automatic Score Order and Soloists
- User-Defined Project Templates & Ensembles
- Bracketing for Figured Bass
- Improved Staff Labels
- Library Manager
- Redesigned Notations Toolbox

Sorry, but I severely doubt you were sitting there shaking your head saying "Lol, Notion had this a decade ago!" The vast majority of these things don't exist in the current version of Notion, much less in some super old version of the software (Notion 2/3).

Keep in mind, Notion 6 was released shortly before Dorico 1.0, IIRC (either that, or very shortly afterwards). Everything from Dorico 1.0 to 4.3 has happened within the life span of Notion 6.

It has gone from non-existent to being the biggest rival in the professional notation software market. Meanwhile, PreSonus hasn't been able to release one major upgrade for their offering. The only thing they have seemed really concerned with was maintaining support for newer versions of Studio One, since it's basically sold as if it is an add-on to their DAW.

In reality, Notion 6 struggles to compete against the Cubase Pro score editor and is roundly trounced by MuseScore (demolished once MS4 goes gold) - the latter of which has developed heavily in the life span of Notion 6.

It isn't even in the same stratosphere as the big 3 (Sibelius, Finale, Dorico). Even the iPad version has been usurped by StaffPad, Dorico for iPad and Sibelius for iPad. Android Support is it's only trump card.

The biggest use I got out of Notion was as a "plug-in" to Import and Export MusicXML with Studio One via their Note Data pipeline.
by ennbr on Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:44 pm
The biggest use I got out of Notion was as a "plug-in" to Import and Export MusicXML with Studio One via their Note Data pipeline.

That's all I been using Notion for myself to export MusicXML that I then import into Dorico. I switched from Notion to Dorico this time last year with the yearly Steinberg sales plus I used my Crossgrade option from an older version of Finale

I could bypass Notion altogether if they would add MusicXML export to Studio One although I do sometimes export Midi from Studio One and use midi to Dorico

Oh and there is a version of Dorico for the iPad I've not tried it yet

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by brandonmitchell15 on Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:59 pm
Unfortunately, it seems as if Notion will become irrelevant soon. I also switched to Dorico, and while it isn't as straightforward as Notion when it comes to loading VSTs and working with CCs in notation software, it has been said multiple times now that they plan on having more integration with Cubase in the future. Rewire becoming obsolete was also a serious blow... I will never take a liking to Dorico's way of loading and running VSTs as much as Notion but that is just the reality of the situation.
by JohnBW on Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:46 pm
brandonmitchell15 wroteUnfortunately, it seems as if Notion will become irrelevant soon.

Kinda sorta looks that way, especially since they added notation to Studio One based on Notion.

I wonder how many users actually still use Notion as their main Notation editor these days?

by davidlarson6 on Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:32 pm
I just picked up Dorico 4.3 at their "Black Friday" half price. We'll see how hard the transition from Notion is.

Notion is okay for composing, but it's inadequate when it comes to engraving. And the "subset" of Notion that they've put into Studio One is even less useful for that.

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by christiangirard on Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:15 pm
Yes, I think me too that an update would be amazing :)
by johnwaylett on Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:25 am
Agree wholeheartedly with you that Notion 6 is starting to lose ground against Dorico et al .... a Notion 7 is looooooong overdue. Almost makes you wonder if Presonus is abandoning Notion!!

There are "bugs" needing fixes that are long long overdue. For example, when using KontaKt window does not adjust to the VSTi size and cuts off the right-hand side. And Notion 6 still has the bug where you can't properly port the a notation file into Studio One .. it hangs.

Also, Notion 6 is in the dark ages only supporting VST2 plugins. There should be prules (Presonus could revenue generate on these by selling them to users) make available for the most popular VST Libraries.

Etc.....

Come on Presonus ... stop putting all your eggs in the Studio One basket ... your Notion basket will start to empty as competitors like Dorico start to eat your lunch.
by JohnBW on Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:33 am
Come on PreSonus, are you going to let the competition eat you?

I picked up Dorico Elements 4 in a holiday half-price sale for an upgrade from the free SE version to check it out. It is refreshingly modern! Elements is limited to 24 players, and lacks some of the advanced features of Pro, but is still quite usable.

Default playback is supplied by HALion Sonic SE.

But by using available playback templates*, Dorico can easily run the free Spitfire BBCSO Discover! Also BBCSO Core and Pro, as well as some other libraries, listed at the link below.

*Playback templates (containing endpoint setups, expression maps and percussion maps) are available for various sample libraries. 

https://blog.dorico.com/playback-templates/

Dorico Elements only shows VST 3 instruments in the VST Instruments section by default. If you also want VST 2 instruments to be available, you must allow them.

62 postsPage 1 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4