Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
As a piano player, I use both hand and want to see the notes that automatically separated both hand at some point. Like C4,
I tried to change my preference setting and used grand staff with separate function, but it doesn't work.

I only can use to write on both staff when I use mouse click to select the staff.

Is there a way to automatically separate both hand to treble and bass staff?

I tried to search the answer in here and I think there is a function but I think I couldn't find it because of my lack of English or something I didn't do it right.

Thank you.

Attachments
213.JPG
by acequantum on Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:28 pm
Hi,

There doesn't seem to be any option to split existing staves or recording from step time into multiple staves. The split piont only seems to affect the grand staff when recording live with the metronome or importing a file. The solution is to record your step input then File > Export MIDI... - name your file and choose a location
Then File > Import... choose the name of the file you just exported. It will import and separate the grand staff according to your split point.

To make sure the Split point is set for both live recording and import, adjust your preferences.

File > Preferences > MIDI Record or MIDI Import

notion 6 midi recording.JPG

notion 6 midi input.JPG

2 posts
Page 1 of 1