Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
OK so basically, I saw many people who said that EWQL platinum has already existing preset for notion but, where do i get those presets?, how do I install them? there's literally no tutorial anywhere to set up a basic template :/ and yes i did search the forum but the basic of basics are nowhere to be found... I would like to set up a full orchestra template with ewql platinum with all existing rules and preset. How do I do that? Thanks for your help!

PS: i'm not familiar with custum rules and preset, so if i have to do them myself, i'd really like if someone could explain that. Thanks :)

William Viau
Macbook Air
Mac Pro - 2x Intel Xeon and 16GB Ram
Firestudio Mobile
Behringer X32
SM57, AT2020 Condenser
etc.
by acequantum on Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:43 pm
Hi,

The EWQL Symphonic Orchestra template should already be built into Notion 6. When you start up Notion, Click on [New Score]. You will be in Score Setup mode. On the right hand side of the screen should be all of the available templates. Choose the EWQL Symphonic Orchestra:

notion templates ewql.JPG

Setup your score by choosing instruments from the list that will open once you click on the EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Button.

notion templates ewql instruments.JPG
by davidlarson6 on Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:59 pm
My experience is that the EWQL "Lite" instruments work fine, but the "Full" ones are problematic, probably because the library was updated after the Notion Preset was created,

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by nathanielwalker2 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:11 am
davidlarson6 wroteMy experience is that the EWQL "Lite" instruments work fine, but the "Full" ones are problematic, probably because the library was updated after the Notion Preset was created,

Most of the Lite. Not all.

I'd score in Notion using stock sounds and then use EWSO in Studio One or Cubase for doing the full mockup. Since both DAWs imports sound variations/expression maps from Opus, its easier to get that done there.

Create a template and you're good to go.

With recent developments in that area, I am less concerned with playback in notation software.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1