Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I just purchased this software, so please forgive me if this is a silly question. I could not find anything online, so I thought I would just post to forums.

Basically, Im coming from musescore 3, where you can drag with the mouse to center your work. This has become really important to my workflow. I cannot figure out how to do this on the desktop version, though its very intuitive on IOS (just dragging with two fingers). Since the feature exists on tablets, I figured it would exist in some form on the PC version. However, control/alt/shift clicking does nothing and I don't see a setting in the view tab.

Am I missing something or is this feature non-existent on this platform?

Thanks.
by Surf.Whammy on Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:30 am
it depends on what "centering" means . . . :reading:

THOUGHTS

I do everything on the Mac, but this also applies to Windows . . .

The high-level version is to use the scroll bars (horizontal and vertical) for centering when you are working on a score . . .

There are three views:

(1) Continuous

(2) Page Across

(3) Page Down

As shown in the following music video for one of my recent songs, I use Continuous view . . .

[NOTE: This is a ReWire session, where Studio One Professional 5 is the ReWire host controller and NOTION is the ReWire helper device. This is the way I work nearly all the time. I host the VSTi virtual instruments in Studio One Professional and use ReWire MIDI staves in the NOTION score. The only exception is Realivox Blue (RealiTone)--my favorite virtual female soprano--which I host directly in NOTION, since the phonetic scripts she sings and her other singing characteristics are selected via bass clef keyswitches, and this is easier to do directly in the NOTION score on a VST Instrument stave. As with everything I post, this is best enjoyed with listening with studio-quality headphones like SONY MDR-7506 headphones (a personal favorite). I do stereo headphone mixes and have a lot of instruments and voices in motion (far-left, top-center, far-right) at various times . . . ]

phpBB [video]

I usually keep Studio One Professional in the top-half of the screen and NOTION in the bottom-half of the screen . . .

If I need to see something specific in Studio One Professional 5, then I scroll to make it visible; and if I need to see something in NOTION 6, I do the same type of scrolling . . .

There also are Zoom options for NOTION, which you can use to make something larger or smaller . . .

Studio One Professional has buttons that make things larger or smaller, but when there are a lot of tracks, I use the scroll bars . . .

At some point in the development of a song, there are too many tracks to see all of them in Studio One Professional, so this is when I use scroll bars to focus on what I need to see, which is the same strategy for the NOTION score . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by willfulton2002 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:45 pm
Thank you so much!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1