Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Currently working on some arrangements for brassband and I have a section of 8 bars that repeats 4 times. I would like to put in a increase in tempo played over the entire 4 times. Starting at about 130 bps en ending on approx 225-ish bpm.
The repeats are a 1,2,3 and 4th ending type.
Is it possible.
Same kind of question arises for crescendo's....

regards,

Olaf
by michaelmyers1 on Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:17 am
I did a little experiment. Notion can't play that back correctly over repeats, it always returns to the starting tempo after a repeat. It could be notated, but in order to perform it, you would have to "unfold" the repeats by copying and pasting each repeated section and then an accel would work over all the sections. Same with the cresc/decresc.

By the way, I submitted a feature request some time ago for an automatic "unfolding" function. MuseScore does this with one click, I wish Notion had the same functionality.
Last edited by michaelmyers1 on Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by olafvermeersch on Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:27 am
That's what I thought, too bad though.
It would be a very nice feature. in the brass band I play in we often use this to build up in a song. Of course it can be noted and explained during rehearsals but it would be very nice to make it audible to our members before the rehearsals start.

always possible to make it happen in studio one but it takes more time...

Olaf

3 posts
Page 1 of 1