Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
Sometimes i want some songs convert into a sheet. But I am an Beginner and like it, when the Chords stand above the notes like this:
Zwischenablage02.jpg

The Question is: Can Notation that?
And other:
If I had a song in Studio One, I use the "find Chords" function to know how was the chords of the song. The other I will find with the play. Is it possible, that Notation then makes a "blank Sheet" with only the accords, where i can probably fill in the notes via hand (or maybe easerly when i record my play).
And when it is possible: Do set Novation the chords automaticly like I play/record the chords, or is it to do by myself?

I hope I have explain well :)

Thank you
by Surf.Whammy on Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:08 pm
You can add chord symbols to staves in NOTION . . . :)

THOUGHTS

phpBB [video]

If you have Studio One Professional, I think you can derive chords from recorded audio by using Melodyne and then exporting it as MIDI, which you can import to NOTION . . .

However, if this works,then it will be notes for the chords, not chord symbols . . .

I will do some experiments to determine if the Studio One Professional to Melodyne to MIDI to NOTION strategy works. . . .

I think it does, but I need to verify it . . .

For now, watch and listen to the video (see above) to see how to add chord symbols in guitar style to a melody . . .

It's a basic treble staff, so when played the notes are played on a Piano not a Guitar . . .

If it is a Guitar staff, then the chords will be strummed on a Guitar . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by Surf.Whammy on Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:20 pm
I did some research and found information on sending a chord track to NOTION . . . :)

THOUGHTS

As usual, in this instance I have forgotten more than I know, which is what happens when the age is in and the wit is out . . . :P

It's explained in the following topic in this forum, but it's wordy and probably not so easy to follow, at least for the first few posts . . .

Scroll downward a few posts and there is a step-by-step explanation--still wordy but more focused . . . :+1

Is there a way to send Studio One's Chord Track to Notion? (PreSonus NOTION Forum)

This gets the chord names, but not chord symbols . . .

It creates a lead sheet . . .

Apparently what first appears in NOTION is a blank score, so you need to add a basic staff to see the chord names . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

P. S. This is different from the Melodyne strategy . . .

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1