Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I purchased Notion a year or so ago and I believe I purchased a couple of instrument add-ons at the time too. I've now purchased a Sphere subscription which apparently gives me all PreSonus add-ons. I'm struggling to know how to get those other instruments though. There are still so many greyed out on the panel and when I go to the shop it still seems to want me to pay for them.

Am I missing something?

Steve Taylor

PreSonus Sphere User (Studio One Pro)
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 16.
Other Hardware: Komplete Audio 6, Korg Kross 88
Windows 11, i7 CPU, 16gb RAM
by Surf.Whammy on Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:53 am
Yes, you are missing something, but so what. Surf.Whammy and a team of Aliens From Outer Space are on the case . . . :)

THOUGHTS

What are you missing in this instance?

Great question! You are missing Surf.Whammy's vastly impressive abilities for finding stuff on the web--a skill which Surf.Whammy has developed with extensive help by the Aliens From Outer Space beginning in the late-1980s, soon after Al "Happy Ending" Gore invented the Internet and the required upgrade to the Intergalactic Communication Chip was installed in Surf.Whammy's brain, thereby adding web connectivity to the already present FM radio reception . . . :+1

Specifically, the information you provided regarding owning and using a standalone license for NOTION combined with a highly-focused search soon led Surf.Whammy to the most likely solution, which is quoted as follows, where the detailed steps to solve the annoyance are provided in the referenced link (see below):

"If you have a purchased copy of Notion 6 in your account that you have activated prior to subscribing to PreSonus Sphere, you will need to delete your license file and activate the program using PreSonus Sphere. Here are instructions for Windows and Mac."

[SOURCE: Notion will not allow Expansion Sounds from PreSonus Sphere to be installed or activated (PreSonus Support) ]

Lots of FUN! :)

P. S. Everyone is doing the "Magic Teepee Dance", which is fabulous . . .

phpBB [video]

Fabulous! :punk:

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by stevetaylor7 on Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:37 am
Thank you Surf Whammy - I guess I could've looked harder on Tim Berners-Lee's world wide web before asking here but, anyway, it worked perfectly so thank you very much for your help :-)

Steve Taylor

PreSonus Sphere User (Studio One Pro)
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 16.
Other Hardware: Komplete Audio 6, Korg Kross 88
Windows 11, i7 CPU, 16gb RAM

3 posts
Page 1 of 1