Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
1 post
Page 1 of 1
When I recently updated to the latest version of Notion 6, I did so without reading any release notes and it wasn't until three months later that I realized that the current release will no longer open Notion v2 files.

On this Windows 10 machine I also still have Notion 5 installed, to a different volume (drive). Notion 5 will open the Notion v2 files, of course, but when I go to do a "Save As..." to save them as (hopfully) v3 and above files, I never get the dialog box that allows me to choose the file type, change the file name and change the file path. Instead, I just get the Windows spinning circle and after 20 or thirty seconds I get the Windows "Not Responding" warning in the Notion 5 title bar. I once let it sit this way over night to see if the dialog ever appeared, but it does not.

I have verified that there are no issues with folder privileges or permissions in the current path of the v2 files.

Nothing in Event Viewer until I eventually force-close Notion 5, then I get (application log):
The program Notion.exe version 381.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 32a4
Start Time: 01d6a0e221dcb0c1
Termination Time: 5
Application Path: D:\Program Files\Notion 5\Notion.exe
Report Id: 26228614-bba0-482e-8e69-c135b9599c8a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Cross-thread

Security and Maintenance control panel essentially includes the same any information.

So, here is my question: Is anyone on the forums successfully running two versions of Notion on the same Windows 10 machine? If so, did you have to do any fiddling to make it work?

Many thanks!

Tony Ledford

1 post
Page 1 of 1