Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody has a good workflow for producing a 're-notated' output from an otherwise unquantised DAW performance.

I usually write using my DAW, which is sometimes S1 and sometimes not. Depending on my mood. I like different software to change things up every now and then.

On the occasions where I need to notate the music for performers I'll usually export the midi file and import it into a notator.

Of course since the performance isn't quantised and often has key switches in it the notation needs to be cleaned up. I can remove the key-switches but renotating for correct timing is a royal pain.

I've usually end up creating 2 versions of the performance, one heavily quantised for exporting to Notion and one for playback. This seems a bit clunky and once into that cycle I have to remember to keep the two versions in sync for any amendments.

I'm assuming since it isn't obvious that Notion doesn't have a re-notate function similar to Sibelius which I used to use.

Any suggestions of a smoother workflow than the one I'm already using?

Cheers,
Jason.

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

1 post
Page 1 of 1