Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Dear one and all, I've looked through the guide, but cannot find how to do it. I'd like to use a sign for 'repeat last 4 measures', rather than just the last one or two.... Is this possible?

Studio One 5.1 - Windows 10 x64, Ryzen 5 5600x, 32GB DDR4 @3600
Adata M.2 500GB for OS, Gigabyte 1TB M.2 & Samsung 850 SSD x2 for Audio and Romplers.
IIyama 40 inch LED monitor, Presonus Faderport 2
RME Raydat PCI-E, SPL Crimson Rev.3, Clarett 8 Pre USB
Focal Twin 6BE monitors
Numerous microphones from Audio Technica, AKG, SE Electronics, Neumann...and my favourite Mojave 301 FET.
by christopherrussell on Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:05 pm
I'm not quite sure what you want to do. If you want to repeat just a few measures, a normal repeat will work just fine (front/back repeat signs). If you highlight a series of measures, you can also use first ending, second ending.

Or if you are making digital music that is only going to displayed and not printed, you can just copy and paste and make a piece with no repeats. If choosing that route, be sure to use double measure lines to mark section changes, and consider using letter references (e.g. Section A, etc.)

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele
by christopherrussell on Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:05 pm
I'm not quite sure what you want to do. If you want to repeat just a few measures, a normal repeat will work just fine (front/back repeat signs). If you highlight a series of measures, you can also use first ending, second ending.

Or if you are making digital music that is only going to displayed and not printed, you can just copy and paste and make a piece with no repeats. If choosing that route, be sure to use double measure lines to mark section changes, and consider using letter references (e.g. Section A, etc.)

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele
by Lasperanza on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:02 am
Hi Russell, thanks for replying.

I'm trying to think of a way to explain it easily, which I can't - ha! So, I'll get back to you with a photo - if not today, the next few days!

Studio One 5.1 - Windows 10 x64, Ryzen 5 5600x, 32GB DDR4 @3600
Adata M.2 500GB for OS, Gigabyte 1TB M.2 & Samsung 850 SSD x2 for Audio and Romplers.
IIyama 40 inch LED monitor, Presonus Faderport 2
RME Raydat PCI-E, SPL Crimson Rev.3, Clarett 8 Pre USB
Focal Twin 6BE monitors
Numerous microphones from Audio Technica, AKG, SE Electronics, Neumann...and my favourite Mojave 301 FET.
by kurtduncan on Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:03 pm
This is used in percussion parts - You cannot use normal repeats as the other parts in the score are *not* repeating the four bars. However, if the percussion line is 'keeping time'... doing something which repeats every four bars, you would use this 4-bar repeat symbol in the drum part to conserve space.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1