Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've recently started to use Notion 6. The only part that I am having trouble with is when i go to enter different notes using the voices. The notes are indicated that that they're in the voice mode but very time i go to put them where i need them they automatically go to front of the measure regardless of where I put them or the value of them. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
by michaelmyers1 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:59 pm
You have to enter rests to get the notes for second or additional voices to the right place in the measure. I know it's a bit counterintuitive, but that's the only way to make it work. You can then hide the rests by choosing them and right-clicking and selecting Rests>Hide Rests.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by christopherrussell on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:40 pm
Chris,

I'm wondering if you would have any background with Finale. Finale has always been a little goofy in this regard as you could switch to a different voice in the same staff (1, 2, 3, or 4), or be in a voice and then enter a second voice without changing the voice.

One of the things I love about Notion is that notes have to be placed by their voice using the correct number of beats. As Michael said, you can hide a rest if you don't want it...but it is satisfying to know the reason why the second voice appears where it appears.

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele

3 posts
Page 1 of 1