Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
long notessss.PNG

Hello
I have this short section where string instruments play the same note few bars in a row. When I start to listen from the middle of the section, it wouldn't play them, until there is a change in the notes. The only way I can listen to the whole thing is starting the playback from the beginning of the section.

Is something I can change? Is possible to ask Notion to play notes from the middle of "the note"?

tnks
Meiron
by michaelmyers1 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:51 pm
Tied notes like that can only be played back from the first note of the tie. Notion reads them as one long continuous note.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by michaelhaughian on Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:29 pm
Hi,

Your advice would be really appreciated with the following wee notation issue:

I've attached a screenshot of the score I'm having a problem with.

I've a tied E Minor chord of semibreve value per bar, just tied from bar to bar, no changing at all.

On the 3rd beat of bar 3 the chord goes silent.😱

If I remove the tie between bar 3 & 4 just out of curiosity, to see if the rest of the tied chord will sound, it does, but only for another 5 bars, stopping completely at around bar 9.😳

I've checked the value of the notes in all the bars, for the other instruments, and I'm only using voice 1 in each stave.

I am stumped. 🤔

Attachments
Notion tied notes .png
by michaelmyers1 on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:13 pm
Not sure what might be happening, but I'd try selecting the notes in question and using the command Quantize to Notation. I've had these kind of issues if I've used a previous Randomize command and this is what I usually do to straighten them out.

Depending on the instrument that you're playing to, you might also have to adjust the length of the notes so that there are slight gaps between the note lengths in sequencer overlay view. I've had libraries skip tied notes if they're overlapped at all.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by michaelhaughian on Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:25 am
michaelmyers1 wroteNot sure what might be happening, but I'd try selecting the notes in question and using the command Quantize to Notation. I've had these kind of issues if I've used a previous Randomize command and this is what I usually do to straighten them out.

Depending on the instrument that you're playing to, you might also have to adjust the length of the notes so that there are slight gaps between the note lengths in sequencer overlay view. I've had libraries skip tied notes if they're overlapped at all.

Thanks a million for your help, I'll try that. 🤗🙏
by davidbullock7 on Thu May 27, 2021 8:22 pm
meironegger wrote
long notessss.PNG

Is possible to ask Notion to play notes from the middle of "the note"?
Meiron

I would find this more intuitive too.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1