Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there:)

At the bottom from notion in the palette at the end I can see a tab for E-Bass techniques, but there are no articulations in it.

I do need signs for Pop, Slap and Left Hand Tabbing.

Can I create my own perhaps?? Searched the forum but found nothing about "Bass Articulations"

Thank you;)

Heinz.
by johnnewberry on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:08 am
Hello.
You can use the computer mouse cursor to roll over the bottom Palette tool item you want to use and a popup bubble will show the keyboard shortcut keys.
pu001.jpg

,Newberry

:arrow:
by heinzhupfer on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:25 am
Hi😀

@Newberry

I do not Need Shortcuts, but articulation letters for

Pop "P"
Slap "S"
Left Hand Tab "+" or a crossed out "x" and other Bass related Play techniques like Thump Down Thump up a.s.o

Just Look on staff from Victor Wooten for example...

Thanks😉
Heinz.
by heinzhupfer on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:35 am
HI:)

Can really nobody tell me why this "Bass technique" Tab in the Palette is empty?

Thanks,
Heinz.
by Surf.Whammy on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:21 am
heinzhupfer wroteHI:)

Can really nobody tell me why this "Bass technique" Tab in the Palette is empty?

Thanks,
Heinz.

One can only guess that it's empty, because there aren't any . . . :reading:

heinzhupfer wroteI [need] articulation letters for

Pop "P"
Slap "S"
Left Hand Tab "+" or a crossed out "x" and other Bass related Play techniques like Thump Down Thump up a.s.o

If you only need articulation letters and symbols for sheet music purposes--not to actually hear the way it sounds--then you can use Text fields to make the required annotations . . .

You can copy and paste Text fields, so once you have a letter or symbol for each desired articulation, you can copy and paste, which saves data entry time . . .

[NOTE: Copying and pasting Text fields is a bit odd, but once you discover how to do it, it's not so odd . . . ]

THOUGHTS

Annotating electric bass articulations using Text fields is a lot of extra work, and getting the letters to align is not so easy . . .

If you need to do this, then there is a way to do it using Text fields . . .

I suppose that after you do this for a while, it will become easier as you develop a data entry strategy . . .

At the average rate of 10 seconds per Text field annotation, you can annotate approximately 360 notes per hour . . .

It's not my fault! :ugeek:

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by heinzhupfer on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:02 am
Hi:)

One can only guess that it's empty, because there aren't any . . .

So if the "Bass articulations" Tab exist, it will be filled with some in the future?

If you only need articulation letters and symbols for sheet music purposes--not to actually hear the way it sounds--then you can use Text fields to make the required annotations . . .

For sure, but it's not as fast as to work with articulations, and I can not hear what it sounds like!

[NOTE: Copying and pasting Text fields is a bit odd, but once you discover how to do it, it's not so odd . . . ]

It 's relatively fast with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V, but you have to take the mouse again to position the copy and then move it to the right place above the notes..

Annotating electric bass articulations using Text fields is a lot of extra work, and getting the letters to align is not so easy . . .

If you need to do this, then there is a way to do it using Text fields . . .

The only possibility at the moment with Notion for Bass articulations --> I still have other Notation Software! Wanted to change to Notion, cause it works best together with Studio One, but with Bass stuff I have to wait...

At the average rate of 10 seconds per Text field annotation, you can annotate approximately 360 notes per hour . . .

It's not my fault! :ugeek:[/quote]

:lol:

Thank you a lot;)

Heinz.

P.S. I filled out a request, perhaps within a few years it is happening something :D

6 posts
Page 1 of 1