Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I've been away for awhile, am using Notion version 5.2.381. I imported a midi1 file, for oboes, clarinets, bassoons, horn, cymbals, timpani and strings. Having an odd thing happen, I set the oboes to Notion sounds, then set the clarinet, bassoon, and horn. When I checked to hear if the sounds were right, they all played as oboes! I set the clarinet up exactly as I did the oboe, except I chose the clarinet sound, of course. Can't figure out what's going on.

Thanks,

Mike

i7 with 32GB ram, windows 7 pro, notion 5

Addendum: I'm trying some things until I get an answer. I have my Notion Sounds on my D drive. I just copied them to my C drive. That resulted in making the Woodwind sounds available, but nothing else. When I start Notion, I get a warning message that the Horn, Cymbals, Timpani Harp and Strings are unavailable.

Should I just re-download everything, and let Notion put them where it wants to? Or is there another way to make them discoverable?
Last edited by michaeldiemer1 on Mon May 07, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Diemer
I-7, 16 GB RAM, WD Black HHD's, 1TB (2); Windows 7 Pro, UR-22 interface, Reaper, M-Audio BX5a monitor/Mackie sub, Sonar 8.5.3, GPO4, EWSO Gold, Vienna Sp. Ed. 1, Cinematic Strings
by michaeldiemer1 on Mon May 07, 2018 6:47 pm
So, I decided to reinstall the sounds. I had saved all but the brass on an external drive, so I reinstalled all those, then downloaded and reinstalled the brass. Unfortunately, no progress. Once again, I get the error message that all sounds but the woodwinds are unavailable.

Can someone tell me where to put Notion sounds, so Notion will recognize them?

Michael Diemer
I-7, 16 GB RAM, WD Black HHD's, 1TB (2); Windows 7 Pro, UR-22 interface, Reaper, M-Audio BX5a monitor/Mackie sub, Sonar 8.5.3, GPO4, EWSO Gold, Vienna Sp. Ed. 1, Cinematic Strings
by michaeldiemer1 on Mon May 07, 2018 6:53 pm
Success. I just needed to specify the correct folder (C:/Programs/Notion/Sounds/Bundled).

Also: the oboe I was hearing was not from notion, but Garritan. I had loaded it up and forgot about it.

Michael Diemer

3 posts
Page 1 of 1