Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi!

I am experiencing huge troubles with Notion 6.
It crashes on playback every time after playing of a few bars, e.g. playing any of the included scores.

I have Notion 6.3.454 (latest version as of today), 64 bit.
Just re-installed Notion. Running as Administrator or not doesn't make a difference.
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Version 1709.

Is there something as a crash log that I can look at?

Does that sound like a typical knwon problem that has a known solution out there?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I use ASIO drivers, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 first gen.
Last edited by TG_123 on Fri May 11, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Marcato on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:31 pm
Everything is not quite clear with 1709, sorry to say!

Here, Cubase Pro 9.5 wouldn't start anymore under this upgrade so I rolled back to 1703.

On the other hand, Notion 6 seems to work.

There's a mysterious something the Windows people are trying to fix. Fingers crossed!

M.
by TG_123 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:35 am
Hi!

So, Notion works / worked for you on this version?

Do you have any more info on the "mysterious something the Windows people are trying to fix. " ?

This user seems to have a similar problem:

viewtopic.php?f=167&t=29247

Thanks!
by Marcato on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:44 am
As rumor goes, a Version 1803 was supposed to have been launched on April 10, -except a last minute so-called "blocking bug" was discovered... what else is new.

So we're still on shaky grounds as far as Windows 10 is concerned. Hopefully, there will be an happy albeit delayed ending to this saga.

It's difficult to grasp the exact 1709 situation and also, in my humble opinion, a waste of time to speculate on it, if 1803 is about to be launched as claimed on this site.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsof ... 803-public

Microsoft is known for its misfiring of various shaky Windows versions in the past, but always manages to land a usable product after a couple of near-misses . . . Example: Windows 8.0 becoming Windows 8.1.

Fingers crossed.
by TG_123 on Tue May 08, 2018 2:58 pm
So, after contacting Presonus Support, who directed me to Focusrite (I am using a Fcorusrite 6i6 1st gen), I received a beta driver from them. This so far seems to solve my problems of crashing Notion 6.

Note that indeed there seem to be known problems with Notion and Focusrite interfaces.

viewtopic.php?t=1058&p=5191

viewtopic.php?f=167&t=20743

I am still using Win 1709, but 1803 is round the corner. Maybe I will try 1803 with the "older" driver version (the last standard version by Focusrite) in the next few days to check whether this has anything to do with Win itself (I don't think that is the case).
by Marcato on Tue May 15, 2018 9:05 pm
I think we'll have to wait for a while before the Windows 10 storm recedes.
Locally, Ican say I solved (at least temporarily!) my Cubase 9.5 --and Reaper's and whatever-- issues by uninstalling my UR22 mxII sound modules and deleting drivers.
For the time being, I'm using the onboard sound chips on my two computers and everything seems to work fine. Of course it's just a while-you-wait solution.
One of these days, Steinberg-Yahama will come up with bug-free drivers and/or the Windows gurus will clean up their act at long last. We're probably talking about a matter of weeks before we can give a thumbs up.
This said, I consider installing a recent PreSonus module as a permanent replacement for the UR22.

Greetings from downtown Montreal :-)

Marcato
by TG_123 on Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm
Well, after installing the 1803 update a few days ago, everything is still working. I am quite certain that my problem was only related to the audio driver (ok, that in turn may be related to Windows itself, who knows).

Just now I started Notion and it seems that there is an update available.
I was released today:

https://studioone_content.presonusmusic ... PnVxXqY%3D

I will test this some time soon I guess.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1