Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I'm fairly new to the process of sending Notion data to Studio One, and have been happy with the convenience of the process, but I can't seem to get Studio One to get the tempo changes from Notion, which is a BIG deal for my work.

I've been through everything I could find in the docs, which say that when Notion sends the note data to Studio One, the tempo information is sent with it so that it plays the tempos as they are in the Notion score.

I can't get it to work, and can't find more info on how it's supposed to work. I'm scratching my head over questions like:

* Is the tempo data sent to Studio One as stretched/compressed according to the Notion tempo, so that when it's played in Studio One, the tempos sound right, even though Studio One is not actually changing it's tempo? Can't tell if that's what's supposed to happen.

* Or should some sort of tempo map or track be sent to Studio One, which works with it just like its own tempo track? That makes more sense to me, but again, I can't tell what's "supposed" to happen.

I've tried using both Notion's tap tempo method, and entering tempo changes in Notion manually. However, it's ESSENTIAL that I use the tap tempo method because of the nature of my music. It's the main reason I use Notion in the first place.

The Studio One and Notion docs sure make it look like there's a way to do this, but for the life of me, I can't quite figure it out. Sure hope you can help, or at least have some ideas.

Many thanks. JS
by johnnewberry on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:59 pm
Hello.
Sending tempo to Studio One works as expected without issue here when using the Notion 6 File>Send to Studio One menu selection.
tempo in N6.JPG

tempo to S1.JPG

Be sure to have the latest version update of Notion 6.3 and Studio One 3.5

,Newberry

:arrow:
by johnsantana on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:39 am
Thanks very much. That's what I need to get. I'ok check the versions I'm using, but I think they're the latest. Now that see that it can be done, I'll see if starting with brand new files helps.

Thanks again. This is important to me, but now your example shows me how it should work.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1