Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Wanted to export my studio one song with piano parts to notion. Because of the song type I have to use my sustain pedal often - this information wasn't transfered to notion?? As pianist the usage of pedal within a song is an essential part to sound like it should be - and I don't want to fix this manually (with pedal information in the notation) - this would be additional work which shouldn't be necessary with notion software that supports midi recording. How to solve this?
by martin14 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:07 am
Christian, This is indeed a significant shortcoming of Notion -- ie. that MIDI sustain pedal info is ignored.
In fact, MIDI "CC" data in general is very scantily implemented in Notion, or not at all.
A good example is that Notion won't recognize real-time CC information for "Expression" or "Volume" from a MIDI keyboard controller slider / wheel !
Furthermore, there is no way of manually entering such info in Notion's "Sequencer Staff" -- which should be an obvious place to have that functionality.
This needs to be addressed if the Notion software is to be taken seriously by music professionals.
by jpettit on Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:36 am
Yes an obvious short coming.
Make sure you add it to the Notion FRs in Answers.

For the OP you can manually add Pedal marks in the notation.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by [email protected] on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:53 am
I currenlty experienced the same issue, is there anything we can do to request this enhancement with presonus?
by jpettit on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:31 pm
As implied above got to the Answers database at top of forum search for Notion sustain pedal and add your vote. :+1

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

5 posts
Page 1 of 1