Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Notion 5 seems not to send continuous CC data for hairpins out over external MIDI.

I know that it has had since at least version 3 a bug preventing hairpin CC from sending over channels changed by rules, but it always worked on the stave's default channel. I could go into a MIDI monitor and see the CC data sending, but with Notion 5 I cannot.

Is there a workaround, or is this fixed in version 6?
by shanecoombs on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:42 am
W̶e̶l̶l̶,̶ I̶'̶v̶e̶ d̶o̶w̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶e̶d̶ t̶h̶e̶ d̶e̶m̶o̶ f̶o̶r̶ N̶o̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ 6̶ a̶n̶d̶ i̶t̶ i̶s̶ s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ b̶r̶o̶k̶e̶n̶.̶ T̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ e̶x̶t̶r̶a̶o̶r̶d̶i̶n̶a̶r̶i̶l̶y̶ u̶n̶f̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶a̶t̶e̶.̶ I̶ c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ e̶x̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶ h̶o̶w̶ m̶u̶c̶h̶ s̶o̶,̶ r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶.̶

Actually, it DOES work in both Notion 5 and 6, but there is a weird little trick/bug/whatever: Notion must have an active audio interface, even if it's not actually generating any audio itself.

I had my DAW set to use ASIO and so Notion did not have an active audio interface. went out of the DAW for a moment so I could load a VST in Notion and see if version 6 really does have the hairpin/channel change bug fixed as the patch notes indicate, and lo- and behold as soon as Notion was able to get at the audio hardware the hairpin started sending MIDI CCs.

I plugged in an old USB Sound Blaster I have that doesn't work very well just to give Notion an audio device, I turned my DAW back on to ASIO, and now hairpins are working properly over MIDI.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1