Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just recently noticed the fixes available in the 6.1.1 maintenance update include When importing MIDI drum files, Notion uses GM mapping to put the notation in the expected place
http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/2017 ... lable-now/

Does this mean it's mapping the notes to expected drum notation?
That doesn't seem to be the case when importing MIDI drum files into Notion 6.2.439.
I can't find any information in the User Guide or online.

Or am I misunderstanding the stated functioning "...put notion in the expected place"?

Thanks

M1 Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) / macOS 13.6 / S1 6.5 Pro / Melodyne 5 Editor / Notion 6.8.4 / Faderport 8, Eris 5
by jamalbee on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:42 am
Honestly, there are many posts about midi drum import in Notion in this forum. Read through them to understand what’s going on. No other instruments have such notation problems in Notion as the drum set. Since the feature you were mentionning has been implemented, I have imported about a dozen drum midi files created in Cubase, Ableton or Sibelius. I admit that some opened properly, but all in all 80% were treated as piano files with a single stave and ledger lines. I’m a big fan and supporter of Notion which interface I find so visual and elegant, but my word of advice is to not use it for midi drum import.
by 60s Pop Man on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:36 pm
Thank you for sharing your findings.

I have Dorico, and have used the score editors in Logic, Cubase, and DP, all of which work as advertised, but I keep coming back to Notion and agree with your impression of its elegant interface and workflow.

It's encouraging that Presonus has made some progress with GM mapping for MIDI drum files and the hope is that they will eventually get it to work properly.

I have read most of the GM mapping for drum threads here over the years and posted my attempt to crack the code so to speak.
viewtopic.php?p=113029#p113029

Cheers

M1 Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) / macOS 13.6 / S1 6.5 Pro / Melodyne 5 Editor / Notion 6.8.4 / Faderport 8, Eris 5

3 posts
Page 1 of 1