Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
1 post
Page 1 of 1
A bit OT perhaps, but some may be interested. I recently used an online mastering service for an upcoming single issue. I was pretty impressed and thought I'd share my experience.

I've used human mastering services in the past, some with more success and others with less. I was really spoiled by a great mastering engineer in the UK I found that specialized in classical music. There was a price to pay for personal service, but I thought it was worth it. I used him for probably five or six of my single releases. Unfortunately, he informed me recently that the owner of the studio had decided that they weren't making enough on single releases and so he couldn't master my single issues any longer. OK, their loss... :(

I recently found an online service which is automated where the mastering is done by computer using algorithms which "listen" to your music files and adjust according to some settings that you identify. I was impressed that they had a "Classical" category, as most of the sites like these I've tried in the past are loudness pumping machines made for the release of head banging metal or hip hop joints. Nothing wrong with that, just not what I need!

So I tried it and I was pretty impressed. I selected that Classical style, and selected options to warm the mix, make it less loud (as opposed to more loud), and add a bit of a mid-frequency dip. The result sounded good, and I was impressed with the additional detail I could hear in the recording.

This site is connected to Abbey Road Studios. If you don't like the results of the automated mix, you can send your file directly to a human engineer at Abbey Road to master it for the paltry sum of $120.

The best thing about the automated service? The price! Only $4.99 to master a song, and you can adjust it and remaster till the cows come home before you decide it's complete and you download the final file in wav or high res MP3 formats.

The site is CloudBounce:

https://www.cloudbounce.com/signup?r=ByBwsvnrW

You can try a master for free.

(In the interest of full disclosure, if you sign up using the above link I get a free master!) 8-)

Anyway, let me know what you think!

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com