Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I have a tune with a pickup bar and I have it set to 4 bars per staff. Unfortunately, this leaves me with numbers 4,8,12,16 etc. on the left instead of 5,9,13,17 as most players who read lead sheets are accustomed to. Is there any way to squeeze 5 bars on the top staff and 4 bars on the other stave?

Thanks
by michaelmyers1 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:46 pm
Hit Command-L (mac) or Control-L (windows) and layout handles will appear (small squares at the top of the system above each measure line. Grab one of them in the 1-4 range and move it toward the left, making the measure tighter. You can adjust all the measures, and when they get small enough to make room for measure 5 it will appear on the system. Alternatively, you could potentially just tighten the pickup measure by moving the measure line at the beginning of measure 1 until measure 5 appears.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Sonoma 14.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6/Notion Mobile + Studio One 6 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by williamarroyo on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:52 pm
michaelmyers1,
Thanks so much, yes it worked, but just to clarify, I couldn't make it work with the measures per staff set at 4. I had to set it to automatic and increase the notation size to 5.0 (In my case) to make it happen. None the less, I have the results that I want so thanks much.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1