Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi. I really can't figure this out because I had no trouble like this until the last several days. When in edit mode, and with the cursor on a selected track, I can send CC data to the track to control the instrument--no problems. But if Notion is playing back or recording, the same CC commands don't work. It's like they are not being passed through. When I stop playback, the CC works instantly.

The goal is to be able to record the CC input, and I used to do that with no problems. As I said, this is a new issue and it's frustrating for someone like me who uses extensive CC control. It comes down to this: If not playing back, CC works perfectly; if playing back, CC does not work at all.

I'm using Notion 6 (latest) and Windows 10. Staves are set up to output toe Vienna Ensemble Pro. Nothing complicated or unusual.

I sure hope someone can help me either fix the problem, or work around it. There's not much I can do until this works again.

I thank you very much for reading this, and for any help you might offer.

JS
by johnnewberry on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:41 pm
A question.
  When you record MIDI control change data using the Sequencer Staff mode, there isn't any cc data visible on the staffs GUI after recording is stopped ?

,Newberry

:arrow:
by johnsantana on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:08 am
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this. Your question prompted me to check a couple of things, and let me to a partial answer. Maybe you can answer the rest.

Here's what was happening: In the past, when the cursor was on a staff, the midi input (like CC) would be directed to the output channel of the track, which is how Notion handles things. So, for example, if the track was set to output to midi ch.4, but the input was from midi ch.1, the input would appear on ch.4. What I tried was changing the midi input to the desired output channel, and it works fine. But that's not what I was doing before.

I also found, that if the midi in was on ch.1, it would record to the track, but not pass the midi through to ch.4, but on playback, it WOULD pass it to ch.4 as usual.

So I've narrowed things down, and can live with this if I have to. The thing is, I'm using TouchOSC as the midi control device, which you have to hard-code to a particular channel. So I'm used to always sending on the same channel to Notion, and letting it do the redirecting. But if I can't hear what I doing while recording, it won't work.

Worst case is I could use some sort of midi redirect script in Kontakt, or an external midi utility to do the same.

But it would be nice if I'm just missing some piece of the puzzle, and that there is a way to have Notion redirect the input during record. It used to work this way. Do you know if I'm missing something, or doing something wrong?

Thanks,
John
by johnnewberry on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:20 pm
johnsantana wroteI really can't figure this out because I had no trouble like this until the last several days.

johnsantana wroteThere's not much I can do until this works again.

You can download previous versions of Notion from my.presonus.com

,Newberry

:arrow:

4 posts
Page 1 of 1