Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Slides and glissandos to and from rests do not notate correctly. A "Slide Down" line from a note to a rest goes down only if the note is higher than the rest (and no, moving the rest down does not improve things). A glissando to a rest simply disappears.

Ridiculously, if you have guitar tab in your score, the standard notation slide line goes up, while the tab slide (correctly) points down.

I'd be willing to settle for just being able to draw a line and point it wherever.

I first posted about this problem two years ago—two versions ago. Still no fix. Does no one at PreSonus care about what the scores their software produces actually look like?
by johnnewberry on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:27 am
williamshepherd1 wroteSlides and glissandos to and from rests do not notate correctly. A "Slide Down" line from a note to a rest goes down only if the note is higher than the rest (and no, moving the rest down does not improve things). A glissando to a rest simply disappears.

Hello Steve.

Glissando and Slide technique in conventional music notation indicate that a sliding movement from one pitch to another pitch is to be made.
With all respect connecting notes and rests isn't to my knowledge conventional to use with Gliss. and Slide type playing technique.

Have you tried using the Fall(short) or the Fall(long) by typing Shift+u (2) two times or Shift+u 4x in Notion?
These technique work with some of the Notion Jazz instrument Expansion Sounds and also with VSTI's that support the pitch change technique. Which is usually a sampled sound. Unless a modeling VSTI technology uses with a portamento pitch change connecting Gliss. and Slide.
Custom rules are also needed for Glissando, Slide and other advanced technique usage in Notion when using VSTI's.

,Newberry

:arrow:
by BobF on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:14 pm
On a similar 'note', A slide/gliss from a ghost note would be a nice addition too. I would also be happy with being able to draw a line - in fact that would be ideal.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by johnnewberry on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:27 am
Gliss. to a silent grace note is common.
Notion's just not there yet.
Good Feature Request?

,Newberry

by BobF on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:03 pm
johnnewberry wroteGliss. to a silent grace note is common.
Notion's just not there yet.
Good Feature Request?

,Newberry

Yes, I meant grace note ... I reported this ages ago.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by lionfeather on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:28 am
On guitar we often slide to an indefinite pitch often followed by a rest. So yes I feel this is very important to be able to notate.

Agree just having the ability to draw a line could solve this and some other things like putting a slide from a grace note to the real note.
by johnnewberry on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 pm
For playback have you tried some of the alternative workaround possibilities?
Slide and Whammy bar i.e.
For VSTI's a Sequencer staff with pitchbend could be used to target the desired note origin or end pitch.
Producing the slide after the note is one thing. Going from an rest and sliding into an note would require an hidden 2nd staff.
And of course VSTI samples that are accessed with rules can use the slide, gliss. etc. technique.

Slide'n 001.JPG
Slide'n 001.JPG (13.52 KiB) Viewed 6448 times

slide'n 001.notion
(50.93 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

,Newberry

7 posts
Page 1 of 1