Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I discover Notion 6 have ReWire midi with 16 midi bus / ports (16 x 16 midi channels) That's what I wanted.

I tested N6 demo rewire with my daw and it is working very well.

Then I tried custom rules, and here are my questions:
1. How can I set up play trill for rewire midi output? I don't know how to get play trills. I tried "if technique is on -> Trill", but it do nothing. Maybe I need create technique for rewire midi? If yes, how?

2. When I working with rule editor and I tried add all trill conditions, after third I got crash N6 (every time). Have you same experiences with rule editor? I feel when more rules are here, it is more slowly.

3. Is there possibility make constant distance between staffs, and different distance between groups of staffs with brackets?

PreSonus software : Studio One 6 Pro, Notion 3
PreSonus hardware: Studio 24c
Other hw: midi keyboard Novation LAUNCHKEY61
PC: Win11, i7-12700K, 32 gb ram, Nvidia RTX, HDD : 1TB SSD WD, 2TB WD
by leonardyoung on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:07 am
I gave up using "rules" after many hours at it. I get a syntax error every time. The rules are too low level for non programmers to use. I'm a composer, not a programmer. The rules implementation should be re-designed with an interface that is user friendly. As it stands, Presonus is asking the user to program software. It's like telling Windows 7 to switch from one window to another and it telling you to program the change using cc+.

StudioOne Pro 5.1 - Notion 6 - Cubase - Win10 - i7 Intel 6 core -16 gigs RAM - Behringer 2x2 audio interface + Focusrite 2x2
by Obloha on Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:37 pm
nobody?
I try Notion6 Demo recent version, the trill is still not playback for midi. I start thinking if somebody use Notion6 midi output.
Fortunately rule editor is fixed, and I discover how to change distances between groups.

leonardyoung wroteI gave up using "rules" after many hours at it. I get a syntax error every time. The rules are too low level for non programmers to use.
You write your rules in notepad? In notion there is RuleEditor and you can click your rule with mouse. It is only for N5 and N6.

by craigdukerschein on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:53 am
Obloha wrotenobody?
I try Notion6 Demo recent version, the trill is still not playback for midi. I start thinking if somebody use Notion6 midi output.
Fortunately rule editor is fixed, and I discover how to change distances between groups.

Obloha, I have done some work with Rules but not with Rewire. Are you trying to set a trill articulation via key switching or are you using Notion to manufacture a two note trill? Are you defining the rule with the technique names "trhf" and/or "trwh" ?

For the manufactured trill, I see the following in the support material:

<trill pitches="1" time="0.1" delay=" />
This sets note to trill by sending a series of the two MIDI
pitches. It's for libraries that do not have trill samples.
To turn the feature on and off, set "pitches" to 1 and 0. Set
"time" to the duration of each pitch, in seconds. Set "delay"
to the duration of the first pitch, before the trill starts, also
in seconds.
by Obloha on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:34 am
Thanks for trying help, but this is how I do it.
Code: Select all
<rule remark="Trill" enabled="true">
         <if technique="trhf"/>
         <if technique="trwh"/>
         <if technique="ontr"/>
         <if technique="onat"/>
         <if technique="onbt"/>
         <trill pitches="1" time="0.1" delay="0"/>
      </rule>
It doesn't work even if I have only one technique, or all as in this example.
And yes I have defining the rule with technique names "trhf and "trwh" and I want play trill realtime not as sample from sample library. Trill didn't playback. I was asume that it is posible, if I remember Notion 3 can do that too, but only with VSTi not as midi out. I was expected that after 6 years it will be fixed, but it looks like no.

by Obloha on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:08 am
And I am discover that trill is not working even for VSTi. I mean trill playback as trill. Not as keyswitch, ks is working, as rewire midi out too.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1