Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
When I add an title to the score, the title is not set on the parts. When add an title to the parts, it overwrites the title of the score. What do I wrong?
by johnnewberry on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:26 am
ceescoenen wroteWhen I add an title to the score, the title is not set on the parts. When add an title to the parts, it overwrites the title of the score. What do I wrong?

Hello.
The main score -title- is also shown in the "Dynamic Parts".
Image below is a "Dynamic Part" view of one instrument in a score.
title on parts_.JPG

The Notion-6 Staff Settings Part Name is what will be seen on the Dynamic Part shown or printed.
The Part Name must be added from the Notion menu Score>Add Title, Header, Footer...
In the drop-down menu for Metadata: choose "Part name" from the list.
Also make certain that the proper setting to view the text is made in the Notion menu Score>Part Options..."Layout Tab" for Titles.

Also a "subtitle" can be seen within the Parts by adding it to the main score using the Score menu.

Testing various ways to manipulate, move or rearrange these text field attributes should give suitable results for most Users needs. Obviously not all but most.
If special needs occur i.e. printing a publication where special performer instructions are need the Notion "Text Box" tool can be used.
And of course other illustration software such as Adobe Illustrator. That's what I use for more advanced printing needs.

Hope this helps.

,Newberry

:arrow:
by davidwolfe1 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:59 am
And this is supposed to be intuitive?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) || MacOS Version 11.2.3 Big Sur || Processor 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 || Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 || Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Studio One Professional 5.2 || Ampire || FatChannelXT || Notion 6 || Presonus Hub
AudioBox USB Black Edition || ArtEngineers SplitMix4(2) || ArtEngineers Studio V3 Tube PreAmp(4) || AKG P220 Cardioid Condenser Mic
Atom Pad || Korg Triton ProX 88 || Fender Squire || Fender DG7 || Yamaha Studio Acoustic Piano
by acequantum on Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:21 am
The Page text boxes are a little weird.

Actually, the Title will appear on all of the parts.

But yes, the other page text boxes are quirky. If you add the subtitle to the first part, the subtitles will show on all individual parts and the main score page.
by madisonfinley on Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:49 pm
I've been annoyed by this for years. I'll take a look at it again based on this thread, but I do not get the results you suggest I should. The title added to the Score does NOT show on the parts. Using Add Title, Header, Footer etc. and selecting Part Name cannot be used for the song title, if you want it to show that part name of each part in the score setup, or say Full Score on the score.

Quite related is Page Numbers. One might think that if you add a page number in the Score, it would carry over that you want it on the parts. But, no. Then, if you add a page number to the part, it does nothing until you DO IT AGAIN. OK, now you have parts with page numbers. But wait! You are not done, because your page numbers on the score will have disappeared.

Several years ago, I suggested that there be a Print Setup page, where all this could be specified. MuseScore does that. Presonus felt we should be allowed to get right into the score without such a setup. Me, I would rather enter some basic settings first.

Windows 11 Home, Notion 6, Studio One 6. Intel i9, 32 GB RAM
by acequantum on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:07 pm
The page setup is definitely not great.

I've added a video of what I was talking about with adding the subtitle to part 1.

[ Play Quicktime file ] adding subtitle on part 1.mp4 [ 3.01 MiB | Viewed 970 times ]

6 posts
Page 1 of 1