Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
17 posts
Page 1 of 1
Yesterday i bought Notion 6 because i always wanted the integration with Studio one pro .
But It's a real pain in the bleep. It keeps freezing , ore shutting down while i'm working with it .
Audio suddenly stops working .

It send already a couple of bug repports too presonus
When it stops, i can't close it down in my taskmanger . I have too restart my computer every time again , and again.
I am working on a high end Computer [ Windows 10 64 bits] and had never any problems with Studio one ore any other audio software .
Am i the only one ?

Is there a way too get my money back , because it's useless and very frustrating too work with .
Sef Bezemer
by malleteer on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:12 am
I think i have found the problem !
Notion keeps crashing on the asio driver . I use a Roland quad capture ,It works great with Studio one , Sibelius , Guitar pro and all my other audio software . I never had any problem with it.
But on Notion it keeps crashing .I have the latest drivers , so that´s no option .
Notion even crashes on the Full duplex asio driver .

Please Presonus fix this quick, ore we are stuck with a great but useless piece of software .
by jpettit on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:00 pm
FYI Roland is one of the interfaces that is being investigated for issues with Studio One 3.3.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by ChrisS23 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:02 pm
Yes we are looking at this issue. In the meantime, there are some workarounds - Malleteer can you create a tech support ticket via your my.presonus.com account please, and then we can work this through with you.

Product Manager - Notion
PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
http://www.presonus.com/products/notation-software
by malleteer on Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:58 pm
I did make a ticket .
And this is the their respons .

1. The problem with Notion crashing when using your Roland Quad Capture ASIO driver or the Roland Quad Capture interface in general has been logged with our development team. This is a known issue and I'm afraid that I do not have a workaround for you, being that it sounds like you are ReWiring the two programs together, thus requiring the use of the ASIO driver. This is one of 2 devices that we know of having a compatibility issue with Notion. The other is the Focusrite Saffire. Focusrite released an updated driver to resolve the issue, but Roland has not. The issue has been logged with our development team, but I do not have an ETA as to when or if it will be addressed. This may need to be addressed on Roland's end, but I don't know if that will happen.

I think notion has to deliver the solution , not Roland !
by roberteichenseher on Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:23 am
bug see attached, the icons solo and mute from the mixer are displayed as text (german version)

Attachments
notionbug.jpg
notionbug.jpg (7.93 KiB) Viewed 15466 times

WIN 10 64-bit, AMD A10-5700 3.39 GHz, 16 GB RAM, EWQL Symphonic Orchestra & Choir, Hollywood Brass & Strings, QL Pianos, Ministry of Rock, Miroslav Philharmonik, Gary Garritan Personal Orchestra
by malleteer on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:06 am
i got an email from presonus that my roland quad capture is the reason that my Notion keeps on crashing and that they don't know if Roland ever will solve this .
This is what i have done :

I bought a brand new focusrite second gen scarlett 2i4 usb interface , because according to youre email " Focusrite released an updated driver to resolve the issue".
I uninstalled all of my old drivers . restarted my computer and in Notion i selected the new drivers . and what happens ... CRASH !! OMG Are you still claiming that its not a Notion problem . Please solve this :thumbdown: :thumbdown: ore i quiet working with any Presonus software forever .

i ended up spending a lot of money with no result what so ever .
by jpettit on Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:18 am
Focusrite issue will be fixed shortly.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by shihweichoo on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:47 pm
My studio one artist 3.3 also cannot work with roland ua25ex interface. My temporary work around is using asio4all driver.

Studio One 3, Sonar Platinum, Reason 10. O8N2, lots of IK t-racks, Waves Gold. Tons of piano vst, synth vst, KU10 and AD2. Win 7 64bit, i7 CPU, 14Gig RAM and Focusrite 18i8.
by octima on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:54 am
Here's another report of ASIO problems...

Both Notion 6 and Studio One 3.3 Professional fail to work with my ASIO interface - a Line 6 UX2.

(Versions of Studio One prior to 3.3 work fine using this audio interface. I'm using the latest drivers from Line 6).

I've opened a support ticket for this issue.

-----------------------------
Windows 10 Home
Intel Core 5-4288U
8 GB Ram
Audio Interface: Line 6 UX2
by Sodium on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:58 am
Having lots of issues with a RME Babyface too.
Works perfect with Studio One.

Intel i7 6700k
12go DDR4 RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
by malleteer on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:31 am
Qoute : Focusrite issue will be fixed shortly.

What is shortly , days , weeks, months ?
You should have launched a better version then this one .
by cellierjerome on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:00 am
Yes ! here too : Notion 6 failed with ASIO SCOPE (creamware/sonic core)

My ASIO SCOPE drivers works fine with notion 5.

Notion 6.5 - Cubase 10.x 64bits- Pro Tools 2018.x - Windows 8.1 pro 64bits - wavelab element 9.5.x - core i7 920 - 18 Go RAM - 250 Go SSD (system) + 1To SSD (sound banks) + 32 Go SSD (current audio projects) + 4.750 To HDD.- ANTELOPE Discrete 4
by tmachine on Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:59 am
Of all audio software I use, only Notion crashes my Roland Octa Capture driver.
by georgejgrellajr on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:30 pm
Here's a bug: every time I add portamento from the palette, Notion crashes. Every single time, so repeatable.

Notion 6.2.439
Mac OS 10.12.6
by lluisrodriguez on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:38 pm
Quad-capture bug workaround:
With 2 sound cards:
1-USB Quad Capture
2-PCI Sound Blaster
A Coaxial cable from SoundBlaster out to Quad Capture Coax in.
In Notion I choose Audio driver Asio4all-Sound blaster, I can hear thru Quad Capture and the Asio Quad Capture driver i free for other aplications and Notion closes well.

I think this may work with onboard sound card.

Hope it can help.
by Annibale Hexe on Tue May 12, 2020 11:13 am
Did someone found a solution for this ?
I have the exact same problem.

17 posts
Page 1 of 1