Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I going to enter the Sax section unsing the BigBand template from notion5.
So, im playing right hand chords with the keyboard and would like to enter alto and enor sax at the simultaniously.

Does anyone has a hint for a good workflow? How do I split the chords recorded into single lines, for each individual sax line?

Regards,
Markus
by Surf.Whammy on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:11 am
markusspringfeld wroteHi there,

I going to enter the Sax section unsing the BigBand template from notion5.
So, im playing right hand chords with the keyboard and would like to enter alto and enor sax at the simultaniously.

Does anyone has a hint for a good workflow? How do I split the chords recorded into single lines, for each individual sax line?

Regards,
Markus

You can use the "Multi-voice" option, which should be on the MIDI Record panel that appears when you press the red dot . . .

You might need to adjust some of the other settings, as well, including the note detection speed to get the best results . . .

[NOTE: I do not have NOTION 5 at present, but in NOTION 4 the maximum number of voices per staff is four . . . ]

THOUGHTS

How well this will work is another matter, and as a general rule it is better to do one part at a time to get the best and most accurate results . . .

Having four voices on a single staff makes it difficult to work with the music notation, so while it might be convenient in one way or another, keeping everything separate tends to be the best strategy . . .

If you keep each instrument on its own staff, then you have more control over the way it sounds, since this way each instrument has its own volume level and panning control, plus as needed you can use VST effects plug-ins on a per instrument basis . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by markusspringfeld on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:38 pm
OK - will have a try. Thanks for the hint and the aspect of having more control about the Sound and mix withone Instrument per own staff.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1